Your favorite orange creamsicle in a cookie, the great flavor combinations of orange and vanilla!
Can you tell that I have been in the mood for orange desserts lately, with the orange bundt cake we shared earlier this week and now these creamsicle cookies? And when I first saw these cookies from The Girl Who Ate Everything they immediately went on my to make list. Something about the citrus is just perfect for spring time. Oranges just remind me of sunshine, freshness and warmth.
And one of my favorite combos with orange is creamsicle. The combo of that creamy vanilla ice cream and orange popsicle is just dreamy.
And these cookies combine those flavors perfectly too. Their creamy, orangey, and loaded with white chocolate chips. Yum!
These cookies have a little orange juice and a little orange zest to give them that perfect orange flavor. These cookies bake up to be so soft and tender and like I said before, delicious.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBS orange zest
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl cream together your butter and sugars.
- Stir in your vanilla and eggs until well mixed. Stir in your orange juice.
- In another bowl combine your flour, baking soda, salt and orange zest.
- Stir in your white chocolate chips.
- Allow your dough to chill for a bout an hour before scooping.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop your cookie dough in rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 9 minutes until cookies are golden.
- Allow to cool for several minutes on your cookie sheet, before removing to a cookie rack to cool completely.
Enjoy these creamy and refreshing cookies for a perfect spring dessert!