These crescent roll apple pie bites are so much easier than apple pie with the same great flavors. These tasty apple pie bites are made with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and ready in less than 30 minutes!
**These easy and delicious crescent roll apple pie bites are made in partnership with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and General Mills as a part of Acorn Influence. All opinions are my own. #MakeTheHolidayYours
These tasty bites come together in only about 20 minutes for an amazing fall, or Thanksgiving dessert!
I saw these apple pie bites on The Blonde Cook and just knew they were something I had to try out so I made my own version.
To be honest, I’m not always a fan of traditional pie crust, so making these bites with buttery, flaky Pillsbury Crescent Rolls is even better than pie in my opinion. Its got the same apple cinnamon flavors, with about 1/4 of the work too! But can be enjoyed in just the same way as a slice of apple pie.
You’ll start with a can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, which you can grab from your local Sam’s Club. Pop it open, and unroll the rolls and separate them. Spread the top of each with butter, sprinkle with an apple pie spice and brown sugar mixture too. You can make them with or without chopped pecans, though I’ve made it both ways and have to say I just love the crunch you get when you bite into one of the pecans. Then a slice of a green apple. I prefer the apples peeled because its easier to bite through them when they are cooked, but they taste great both ways. Roll the crescent roll up, and place on a baking sheet, sprinkled with a little more of that apple pie spice mixture and bake.
Its easy as pie 😉
They are amazing on their own, or topped with whipped cream, or with a side of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy them however you want!
- 1 Can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 3 TBS melted butter
- 6 TBS brown sugar
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 small Granny Smith Apple (peeled and cut into 8ths)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent roll triangles and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix together your brown sugar and apple pie spice.
- Spread melted butter over the top of each crescent roll.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over the butter.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the top.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each roll and roll dough around each apple. Place the endside down.
- Spread melted butter over the top of each roll and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the rolls are a nice golden brown.
- Serve warm plain or with whipped cream, or ice cream.
I’m usually pretty traditional when it comes to holiday cooking. I know what I like and how I like it and I stick to those recipes. Some of my Thanksgiving favorites are banana cream pie, and it has to have a graham cracker crust, mashed potatoes, buttery soft dinner rolls and of course pumpkin pie. But I think these apple pie bites are going to be making their way on to the menu from now on!
Sam’s Club can be a great one stop shop for all your holiday cooking and baking needs! From great appetizers to easy desserts you can find everything you need there to impress your guests this holiday season. Check out more amazing recipes you can make this holiday season here.
What type of holiday baker are you? Are you the Appetizer Artiste, who loves making a good first impression? The Festive and Impressive who lives for wowing the crowd with your signature holiday sweets? The Last Minute Merry Maker who has one killer stunner dish that everyone will love? Or the traditionalist like me? I’m actually probably a mix of all of the above depending on the day. What’s your go to holiday recipe to wow your family and friends?