Peppermint Fudge is a creamy, easy, microwave fudge with a light peppermint taste, topped with crunchy candy cane bits. Its a perfect Christmas treat!
I love fudge. It’s creamy chocolate goodness. This peppermint fudge is one of my favorites, because its so easy to make, and its mint chocolate perfection.
This fudge is failproof. Its so easy to make, its made in the microwave, with only 4 ingredients too! There is no candy thermometer needed, its only about 5 minutes to prepare, then you just have to be patient and wait for it to harden a bit.
Its kind of an interesting life as a food blogger, you start making seasonal desserts and dishes at least a month before the holiday, and then when the holiday actually comes around you’re totally burned out that you don’t even want to cook anymore – just me? Christmas candies and desserts are one I never get tired of though, I love making them, I love eating them, and I love sharing them with friends and family.
This peppermint fudge is one of my favorite holiday treats, its the perfect treat to deliver for the holidays!
- 18 oz milk or semi sweet chocolate chips (3 cups)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 TBS crushed candy canes
- Combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir everything together as much as you can.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds, if needed, until you can stir the mixture till creamy.
- Add int he peppermint extract and stir again.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a 9x9in baking dish lined with parchment paper, and smooth with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane pieces over the top of the fudge and press into the fudge.
- Allow to set for several hours till hard, or put in the fridge for about 1 hour for a quick set.
Photos Updated 11/17/17