These mini cherry pies are simple to make with only 4 ingredients – pie crust, pie cherries, egg, and water – but so good you might not just eat one.
With Fourth of July around the corner, I figured these mini cherry pies are the perfect treat to share with you today! Summer desserts should almost always be fruity, right? And what’s more patriotic than cherry (or apple) pie? I shared this recipe over at Lolly Jane a couple weeks ago, but with the holiday just a few days away I had to fit these delicious mini cherry pies in before its too late!
These mini cherry pies are even better than regular pie because they’re just so darn adorable, and isn’t that star on top perfect for the Fourth of July? And they’re simple to make with literally only 4 ingredients! These would be the perfect treat to take to a Fourth of July barbecue, or any summer barbecue really!
These treats are simple to make and dangerously simple to eat, just pop one, or two in your mouth 🙂 Or top them with whipped cream for an even more decadent dessert.
Mini Cherry Pies
- 1 package containing 2 pie crusts
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a 2.5 inch cookie cutter, or cup, cut circles out of your pie crust. Place each circle in a mini muffin spot and press down.
- Put 2-3 cherries, plus a little filling into each "pie".
- Cut stars out of the remaining pie crust with 1.5 inch cookie cutters or just using a knife.
- Place star on top of each pie.
- Combine 1 egg and water in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Using a silicone brush, spread egg wash over the top of each pie.
- Place pan in oven and bake for about 25 minutes until crust is golden.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes in pan before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
You might like these other summery treats: