These pies are little portable treats of berry goodness, you can just pop them in your mouth or top them with a little homemade whipped cream to make them even more sweet!
**I made these delicious and adorable mini mixed berry pies using SPLENDA®Sweeteners as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps. All opinions are my own.
Oh my goodness. These mini berry pies are so good and they are so simple to make too! They’re the perfect treat for a summer barbecue, Fourth of July party, or whatever.
These mini pies are easy to make and they are only a few ingredients too. All you need is 2 preprepared pie crusts (1 box), 1 1/2 cups of berries, 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 TBS corn starch.
These pies are little portable treats of berry goodness, you can just pop them in your mouth or top them with a little homemade whipped cream to make them even more sweet! (Use 2 cups fat free whipped cream, whipped with 2 TBS SPLENDA® Sugar Blend)
Mini Mixed Berry Pies
- 1 box with 2 pie crusts
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries and chopped strawberries)
- 1/4 cup + 1 TBS SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS of water
- Allow your pie crusts to thaw for about 15 minutes, or zap them in the microwave for 20 seconds at 30% power.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle your counter top with a little flour. Roll one of your pie crusts out.
- Cut 2 inch circles into your pie crusts with a cookie cutter, cup or whatever circlular object you have.
- Place each circle into the opening of a greased mini muffin pan. Press pie crust down into pan. (You should have about 20 pies - one row empty)
- In a medium sized bowl combine, mixed berries, 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Scoop about 1 TBS of berry mixture into each pie top. Cut thin 1/2 centimeter strips with remaining pie crust, and then cut those into about 1 1/2 inch pieces and form a mini lattice crust with 4 pieces over the top of each pie. Press the edges of the lattice pieces into the pie crust base.
- In a small bowl combine egg and water to make an egg wash. Spread over the top of each pie with a silicone brush.
- Sprinkle the tops with remaining tablespoon of SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- Bake for about 25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before carefully removing each pie from pan and onto a cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
SPLENDA® Sugar Blend is the perfect way to get that great sugar taste with half the calories. SPLENDA® Sweeteners are versatile and can be used in recipes like this summer dessert, in your baking, cooking and beverage mixing. For other great recipes swapping out SPLENDA® Sweeteners for sugar visit the Splenda Sweet Swaps website. Or be sure to visit Splenda on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter says
These are so adorable, Aimee! I love how portable they are too!