These pies are little portable treats of berry goodness, you can just pop them in your mouth or top them with a little homemade whipped cream to make them even more sweet!
Oh my goodness. These mini berry pies are so good and they are so simple to make too! They’re the perfect treat for a summer barbecue, Fourth of July party, or whatever.
These mini pies are easy to make and they are only a few ingredients too. All you need is 2 preprepared pie crusts (1 box), 1 1/2 cups of berries, 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 TBS corn starch.
These pies are little portable treats of berry goodness, you can just pop them in your mouth or top them with a little homemade whipped cream to make them even more sweet! (Use 2 cups fat free whipped cream, whipped with 2 TBS SPLENDA® Sugar Blend)
Mini Mixed Berry Pies
- 2 pie crusts (homemade or storebought)
- 2 cups mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries and chopped strawberries)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS of water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll both of the pie crusts out on a lightly floured counter top.
- Cut 2.5 inch circles into the pie crust with a round cookie cutter, or top of a cup, jar, etc.
- Place each circle into the opening of a greased mini muffin pan. Press down into the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the berries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest.
- Scoop about 1 TBS of the berry mixture into each pie crust, filling them evenly.
- Cut thin 1/2 centimeter strips with the remaining pie crust. Use a few pieces to form a mini lattice crust over the top of each pie. Pressing the edges into the pie crust base.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and water to make an egg wash. Brush over the top of each pie with a silicone brush.
- Sprinkle the tops with coarse sugar.
- Bake the mini pies for about 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown, and the berries are bubbling.
- Let the pies cool for about 5 to 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer them carefully to a cooling rack to cool to room temperature, and serve.
SPLENDA® Sugar Blend is the perfect way to get that great sugar taste with half the calories. SPLENDA® Sweeteners are versatile and can be used in recipes like this summer dessert, in your baking, cooking and beverage mixing. For other great recipes swapping out SPLENDA® Sweeteners for sugar visit the Splenda Sweet Swaps website. Or be sure to visit Splenda on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.