What is a monster cookie, you might ask? A monster cookie is typically a peanut butter oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips and m&ms.
You can also throw in some extra ingredients too – nuts, raisins, whatever you have around the house really. I didn’t have m&ms when I made these so I decided to toss in some peanut butter chips instead. Like I said, use whatever you have around.
Once again this is a perfect recipe for two. A monster cookie for two recipe! It makes just 4 cookies, so you can share the cookies with a friend, or gobble them all up by yourself before anyone else is looking.
- 2 TBS butter, softened
- 2 TBS peanut butter
- 2 TBS sugar
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 TBS quick oats
- 2 TBS chocolate chips
- 2 TBS m &ms (or peanut butter chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together your butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until well mixed.
- Add in your egg yolk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in your dry ingredients, your baking soda, salt and flour and stir everything to combine.
- Mix in your chocolate chips and m&ms until fully incorporated.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until cookies are set and lightly golden.
- Allow cookie to rest for about 10 minutes on baking pan before moving to a cooling rack.
Enjoy these delicious cookies warm dipped in cold milk!