This cookie monster ice cream is a delicious blue colored vanilla based ice cream that is full of Oreo cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and edible cookie dough!
One of my favorite flavor combinations is Oreo cookies and cookie dough – I’ve got our Cookie Dough Stuffed Oreos to prove it. And I love getting a blizzard from DQ with Oreos and cookie dough – so wouldn’t it be delicious if I made a homemade ice cream with those flavors? Yes!!
This cookie monster ice cream is inspired by cookie monster himself. The ice cream is a lovely blue color like cookie monsters fur, and since cookie monster loves his cookie we had to load this ice cream with three kinds of cookie treats, Oreo cookies, Chips Ahoy Cookies, and homemade edible cookie dough. This ice cream is for all cookie lovers!
What is the flavor of Cookie Monster Ice Cream?
The ice cream is a vanilla ice cream, turned blue with some gel food coloring. It’s loaded with chopped up Oreo cookies, chopped up chocolate chip cookies, and edible cookie dough bites.
Ingredients Needed to make Cookie Monster Ice Cream:
- whole milk
- heavy cream
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- blue food coloring
- Oreo Cookies
- Chips Ahoy Cookies
- Cookie Dough
How to make Cookie Monster Ice Cream?
Add milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla extract, and food coloring to a large bowl and stir together for a couple minutes to help the sugar dissolve.
Pour the mixture into a 2qt ice cream maker, and allow it to run according to the manufactures directions.
Roughly chop Oreo cookies and Chips Ahoy Cookies with a knife.
Add a cup of each chopped Oreos, chopped Chips Ahoy, and cookie dough bites to the ice cream maker and let it run for another 3 to 5 minutes, until they are mixed throughout the ice cream.
Scoop the ice cream into a 9×5 bread loaf pan and smooth out the top. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer to freeze solid for at least 6 hours, but I recommend overnight to make the ice cream scoopable.
How to make Cookie Monster Ice Cream without an Ice Cream Maker?
There are a lot of ways to make ice cream without an ice cream maker using a can, or some ziplock bags – but I’m gonna teach you how to make no churn cookie monster ice cream instead. For the best ice cream flavor, definitely follow the recipe below, but if don’t have an ice cream maker and still want to make this – here you go!
You need 2 cups heavy cream, 14oz sweetened condensed milk, 2 tsp vanilla, and blue food coloring, and the same amount of cookies and cookie dough as called for in the recipe below, 1 cup of each.
Whip the heavy cream in a large bowl until you have stiff peaks. Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and food coloring and carefully fold them together so the whipped cream doesn’t loose all it’s fluffiness.
Fold in the chopped cookies, and cookie dough pieces. Scoop the mixture into a bread loaf pan and freeze pan in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
How to store Cookie Monster Ice Cream?
Cover any leftover ice cream with a lid, or plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 2 to 3 weeks. It won’t go bad (like it won’t make you sick) if kept longer than that, but it may start to crystalize and turn icy.
Cookie Monster Ice Cream Mix-In Ideas:
- chocolate chips – especially mini chocolate chips
- chopped nuts – pecans or walnuts would be delicious
- homemade chocolate chip cookies – instead of Chips Ahoy, try chopping up some homemade chocolate chip cookies
This cookie monster ice cream is such a delicious ice cream flavor, that is perfect for all ice creak and cookie lovers! It’s delicious on it’s own, drizzled with hot fudge, or how perfect would it be in ice cream sandwich with two of your favorite chocolate chip cookies on each side.
Homemade ice cream is always a good idea, but especially when it’s such a fun blue color and loaded with cookie dough and cookies!!
More Ice Cream Recipes:
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 TBS pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Oreo Cookies
- 1 cup chopped Chips Ahoy Cookies
- 1 cup edible cookie dough
Edible Cookie Dough:
- 3 TBS unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 TBS brown sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 TBS milk
- 9 TBS all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 TBS mini chocolate chips
- Add the cream, milk, sugar, vanilla, and food coloring to a large bowl and stir together for a couple minutes to help the sugar dissolve.
- Pour the mixture into a 2Qt ice cream maker and let it run for 25 to 30 minutes, according to the directions for the machine.
- Add the chopped Oreos, Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Cookie dough pieces to the ice cream machine and let it run for another 3 to 5 minutes until they are all mixed throughout the ice cream.
- Scoop the ice cream into a 2Qt pan (a 9x5 bread pan works great).
- Cover the ice cream with a plastic wrap and place the pan in the freezer for at least 6 hours, up to overnight.
For the Edible Cookie Dough:
- Microwave the flour in 15 second increments until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees, to eliminate any risk of e.coli or salmonella. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until mixed well.
- Add in the vanilla and milk and stir to combine.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until it's all combined. (Add in more flour if the mixture is too wet.)
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add the cookie dough to a piece of parchment, then place more parchment on top and roll out the cookie dough to be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place it in the fridge or freezer to chill before adding to the ice cream.