One pot sausage pasta is a delicious and hearty pasta dish packed full of flavor with a creamy marinara sauce, penne noodles and sausage, perfect topped with fresh basil and parmesan cheese!
**This delicious and easy one pot sausage pasta was made in partnership with Johnsonville as part of TapInfluence. All opinions are my own.
I know it happens to the best of us, that weekday meal rut where you just can’t decide what to make for dinner and you don’t want to spend hours making it either so you end up eating a frozen dinner or eating out. This one pot sausage pasta is the solution for you – well one of the solutions. Its an amazing pasta dish made in just one pot so you don’t have to worry about cleaning dishes for hours after dinner and its also ready to eat in only about 40 minutes.
For this pasta you’ll start with Johnsonville Italian sausage, you’ll just take the sausage out of the casing and cook it up with red pepper and onion and garlic to add some delicious flavor. Add in your favorite marinara sauce, some water, a little seasoning and cook it all together. At the end you’ll add some heavy cream and parmesan cheese to make the pasta perfectly creamy and just a little cheesy and I can promise you and your whole family will love it.
If you need more weekday meal plan ideas, the next solution I have for you is even better. This week, Johnsonville has a Sausage support center that you can call or text for great breakfast and dinner ideas! Call 844-9-SAUSAGE or text 97406 For more information visit their website.
I texted Bob the Bot and it couldn’t have been easier. Bob Bot was built after a 60 year old Johnsonville employee, who has worked at the company for over 7 years. I asked for an easy dinner recipe and he sent me some ideas that I can’t wait to try!
If you haven’t made a one pot dish before, it seems a little strange to add extra liquid to your marinara sauce, but the sauce boils down into a rich and flavorful sauce that is packed perfectly with sausage and penne noodles I love how the pasta sauce soaks into the middle of the penne to make sure the dish is bursting with flavor throughout!
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 TBS Italian seasoning
- 16-19 oz Johnsonville Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2- 3 cups water
- 16 oz marinara sauce
- 8 oz penne noodles
- 5 TBS heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 TBS fresh basil (chopped)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in the bell pepper and onion and cook until they are soft, about 6-8 minutes.
- Mix in the minced garlic and cook for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in the salt and pepper, italian seasonings, and crumbled Italian sausage. Cook until browned.
- Pour in the chicken broth and scrape up the bottom of the pan, in case anything stuck.
- Pour in the marinara sauce and 2 cups of water and stir everything together.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce the heat to medium low and cover the pan.
- Allow the mixture to cook, stirring every couple of minutes, adding more liquid as necessary.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes, until the noodles are cooked throughout and the liquid has thickened into a nice sauce. (If the mixture starts to boil over, reduce the heat).
- When the pasta is cooked, stir in the cream and parmesan cheese.
- Allow the dish to cool for about 3-4 minutes as the sauce will continue to thicken.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.