One Pot Taco pasta is a delicious one pot dish that is ready in about 30 minutes, perfect for a taco flavored dish with orzo pasta, salsa, ground beef, and lots of cheese.
One pot dishes are my favorite type of dinner for a busy weeknight. They’re minimal clean up, and usually made quickly too. This one pot taco orzo is ready in under 30 minutes, with only a few steps. All you need to make this yummy dish is ground beef, bell pepper, onion, garlic, salsa, taco sauce, taco seasoning, chicken broth, orzo, and salt and pepper.
Okay, I know that’s a lot of ingredients, but I’m guessing most of you have a lot of those on hand regularly!
You’ll cook up your ground beef then drain it and set it aside. Saute up your onion, garlic and bell pepper. Add in the taco sauce, salsa, taco seasoning, salt, pepper, chicken broth and orzo. Cook it up till the liquid is mostly cooked off and the noodles are cooked through. Add in some cheese. You can top it with cheese or mix it throughout, I usually do a little of both and throw it under the broiler for a couple minutes to get the cheese on top to melt. Its the ultimate cheesy taco pasta dish!
My guess is you could make this with any pasta noodle, I haven’t tried it with others yet, but I think I will be next time! Rotini or macaroni noodles would be so good too!
The way to make this one pot taco pasta even better, add some tasty toppings on top! Its delicious with tomatoes, and cilantro like I have in these photos. But also so good with avocado, olives, green onion, or tortilla strips/chips!
If you love one pot dishes as much as I do, you’ll love this one pot chicken enchilada pasta, one pot sausage pasta, or one pot tikka masala. They are all simple, delicious and perfect for a busy night dinner!!
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion (about 1/2 large onion)
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (about 1 bell pepper)
- 1 TBS taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (divided, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce (or tomato sauce)
- 2 cups orzo
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season with 1/2 tsp salt. Drain excess grease and set aside.
- Add olive oil, onion and garlic to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Add bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in taco seasoning, salt, pepper, chicken broth, salsa, taco sauce, orzo pasta, and prepared ground beef. Stir together.
- Cook for about 10-12 minutes until liquid is absorbed and orzo is cooked through.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top.
- Place in the oven to broil until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve with desired toppings!