Oven baked curly fries with “wow your mouth” seasonings and baked so no oil.
I love Arby’s. I usually get the same thing whenever we go to Arby’s, a regular beef and cheddar sandwich. And of course you can’t forget the curly fries. No matter how much I try to resist, if we are at Arby’s, I just can’t say no to the curly fries.
I have wanted to try curly fries for a while, and so I asked and got this awesome curly fry cutter for my birthday. And then I had to find a recipe base and I found one on Babble.com and last night we decided to give it a go. Success my friends.
The flavor of these curly fries tastes a LOT like Arby’s and they are baked in the oven, making them at least 10x healthier for you. Right? Actually, these have no oil and are much healthier for you than traditional curly fries. Check out the approx nutritional value from the recipe on babble (before I added a couple things).
If you are ever craving curly fries, this is the recipe for you. And if you don’t want to go out and buy a curly fry cutter then you can just cut them like regular straight french fries with a mandolin or a knife and just enjoy the delicious seasoning. YUM!
Oven Baked Curly Fries – Arby’s Copycat
- 3 large potatoes
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 TBS flour
- 3 TBS egg
- 1.5 TBS milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil.
- Cut potatoes into curly fries using a curly fry cutter, or cut potatoes into regular fries. (You can peel the potatoes first if you want to)
- Put potatoes in boiling water and boil for 3 minutes.
- Rinse potatoes off in a colander with cold water.
- Dry potatoes with paper towels and set aside.
- Combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and flour in a small bowl.
- Add in egg and milk and mix well.
- Pour fries into a large bowl and pour seasoning mixture in and mix well.
- Dump fries onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread around evenly (so they aren’t overlapping)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping a couple times through out until french fries are nice and crispy.
Enjoy these curly fries hot and fresh with ketchup or plain!