This French Fry Dipping Sauce is the best sweet, tangy, creamy sauce that is perfect for serving with French fries, onion rings, burgers, and more!
Fry sauce is a Utah thing – you can get it at almost every local burger place. Its basically a combination of mayonaise, ketchup and a teeny bit of pickle juice. Its my favorite.
What is Fry Sauce?
Fry sauce is a popular dipping sauce that started in Utah. You can get it at almost every local burger place, and it quickly became famous and is served at a variety of fast food restaurants, and now sold in many grocery stores.
Fry sauce is a condiment usually made of a mixture of ketchup, mayonnaise, and a variety of other ingredients to create different combinations. It is is usually served with French fries, Onion Rings, Burgers, and other sandwiches.
What are other Sauce Ideas for Dipping Fries:
How fun would it be to serve a French fry board or platter with a variety of types of French fries and dipping sauces. Here are some of my favorite sauces to serve with fries!
- Cheese Sauce
- Homemade Aioli – a creamy garlicky sauce that is made from scratch, basically homemade garlic mayo, also good with burgers, or grilled meat.
- Ranch Dressing
How to make French Fry Dipping Sauce:
Fry sauce is such an easy recipe to make, just by adding your ingredients to a bowl and whisking them together until they are smooth. This version is made from mayonnaise, ketchup, and a little pickle juice.
Fry Sauce Varieties:
Different restaurants serve different styles of fry sauce, with a variety of seasonings, or other twists. For example Red Robin’s Camp Fire Sauce is similar to fry sauce but with barbecue sauce instead of ketchup.
- Try substituting barbecue sauce instead of ketchup in the recipe.
- Add in some delicious spices like black pepper, garlic powder, garlic salt, or paprika. Add about 1 teaspoon of whichever spice you want to add.
- Add a kick with with some hot sauce or cayenne pepper, to taste.
The 3 dips I made to go with my Alexia fries were garlic aioli, cheese sauce and fry sauce, along with some good old Ketchup and Ranch dressing of course!
The cheese sauce I made is super simple, its just melted Velveeta, thinned out with some milk. It was hot and cheesy and a good variety to the other cool dips.
2/3 cup ketchup
1 1/3 cup mayo
1 TBS pickle juice
French Fry Sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp pickle juice
- Combine ketchup, mayonnaise, and pickle juice in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir together until smooth
- Serve with your favorite french fries, onion rings, burgers, or chicken.
- Store any leftover fry sauce in an airtight container in the refridgerator for up to 6-7 days.
I can’t wait to make each of these tasty sauces again in a couple weeks for the big game! Enjoy these delicious dipping sauces alongside some fries and onion rings!