This French Fry Dipping Sauce is the best sweet, tangy, creamy sauce that is perfect for serving with French fries, onion rings, burgers, and more!
Fry sauce is a Utah thing – you can get it at almost every local burger place. Its basically a combination of mayonaise, ketchup and a teeny bit of pickle juice. Its my favorite.
What is Fry Sauce?
Fry sauce is a popular dipping sauce that started in Utah. You can get it at almost every local burger place, and it quickly became famous and is served at a variety of fast food restaurants, and now sold in many grocery stores.
Fry sauce is a condiment usually made of a mixture of ketchup, mayonnaise, and a variety of other ingredients to create different combinations. It is is usually served with French fries, Onion Rings, Burgers, and other sandwiches. Even better try your fries coated in this delicious fry seasoning then dipped in fry sauce.
What are other Sauce Ideas for Dipping Fries:
How fun would it be to serve a French fry board or platter with a variety of types of French fries and dipping sauces. Here are some of my favorite sauces to serve with fries!
- Cheese Sauce
- Homemade Aioli – a creamy garlicky sauce that is made from scratch, basically homemade garlic mayo, also good with burgers, or grilled meat.
- Ranch Dressing
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Honey Mustard
- Barbecue Sauce
How to make French Fry Dipping Sauce:
Fry sauce is such an easy recipe to make, just by adding your ingredients to a bowl and whisking them together until they are smooth. This version is made from mayonnaise, ketchup, and a little pickle juice.
Fry Sauce Varieties:
Different restaurants serve different styles of fry sauce, with a variety of seasonings, or other twists. For example Red Robin’s Camp Fire Sauce is similar to fry sauce but with barbecue sauce instead of ketchup.
- Try substituting barbecue sauce instead of ketchup in the recipe.
- Add in some delicious spices like black pepper, garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, or paprika. Add about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of whichever spice you want to add.
- Add a kick with with some hot sauce or cayenne pepper, to taste.
How to store leftover fry sauce?
This recipe makes a decent amount of french fry dipping sauce, so if you want to cut the recipe in half you can. You can also store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 1 week.
This fry sauce is so simple, and so delicious. It’s my favorite sauce for dipping french fries, chicken strips, or a cheeseburger!
More dip recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
French Fry Sauce
For the French Fry Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp dill pickle juice (to taste)
- french fries
- onion rings
- chicken nuggets or strips
- cheese burgers
- chicken sandwiches
For the French Fry Sauce:
- Combine mayonaise, ketchup, and pickle juice in a medium sized bowl. Stir them together until smooth.
- Serve with your favorite french fries, onion rings, burgers, or chicken.
- Store any leftover fry sauce in an airtight container in the refridgerator for up to 6-7 days.
This french fry sauce was first posted on January 20, 2015. The photos and text were updated for clarity on January 17, 2022.