Have I got a treat for you – I am taking a little bit of time off of blogging to enjoy my new life as a mother. Although my baby has decided to disobey me already and isnt quite here yet, he will be soon, so I’ve got a few of my favorite blogger friends lined up to help me out and come visit Like Mother Like Daughter and share amazing recipes with you all.
Today Yvonne is here from Tried and Tasty to share a simple recipe for Red, White and Blue, Cherry Blueberry Crepes. These would be absolutely perfect for your Memorial Day or Fourth of July Celebration coming up!
Hi! I’m Yvonne from Tried and Tasty and I’m excited to be guest posting for Aimee. Congratulations on her new arrival! Memorial Day is quickly approaching, any thoughts on what you will be having for breakfast? I’m sure the thought hasn’t crossed your mind yet, so let me give you this patriotic idea! These Quick & Easy Crepes are just that: quick and easy! Crepes are so versatile. You can fill them with an endless list of things and can be enjoyed both sweet or savory. For today, I’m bringing you a little something for your sweet tooth!
I’m a huge breakfast lover. I love anything from scrambled eggs to pancakes and french toast. On special occasions I love crepes! They are such a fancy, yet easy breakfast and can easily be made into a lunch or dinner depending on your filling. What do you think of them? If you’ve never made them yourself, have no fear. This recipe is super simple. All you do is measure your ingredients and your blender does the hard work! If you like these, I’ve also got a recipe for Buttermilk Crepes and Banana Nutella Crepes (my favorite). These crepes however are filled with a homemade sweet cherry sauce, fresh whipped cream and sprinkled with blueberries. The perfect red white & blue breakfast (would be especially great for the 4th of July too!).
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 1⅓ c. almond milk
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on low speed until well combined, and smooth. Crepe batter will be a very thin consistency and easily pour-able.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Grease lightly with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour about ¼ c. of crepe batter into the pan; twirl in a circular motion to coat evenly with batter.
- Let cook about thirty to sixty seconds, or until the edges of the batter bubble slightly, and it's easy to slide a spatula under the edge of the crepe.
- Flip crepe and cook another fifteen to thirty seconds.
- Remove from pan and stack on a plate.
- Fill with Sweet Cherry Sauce, fresh whipped cream, and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Roll up your crepe and dust lightly with powdered sugar.
Today over on Tried and Tasty I’m sharing another fun patriotic recipe for you! Head on over here where you can get the recipe for these Red White & Blue Strawberry Blueberry Dessert Parfaits They are DELICIOUS!
Thanks so much to Yvonne for being the first of many guest posters to come while I am taking some maternity leave and enjoying time with my new sweet baby. Be sure to follow her for a ton of amazing recipes and follow her on all forms of social media too!
And now for our great giveaway! I’ve teamed up with a bunch of wonderful bloggers to provide this fun giveaway for one of our lucky readers! (We are celebrating Meg’s transition to her new blog Color Me Meg and want one of you to be able to celebrate with us!)
Come check out some of the other awesome bloggers by clicking on their logo above!