Shepherd’s Pie is one of the most comforting homey meals I have ever eaten. Ground beef, vegetables, mashed potatoes and ooey gooey cheese. What’s more homey than meat and potatoes?
This recipe is really easy too. You just cook the ground beef with a little seasonings. Boil and mash the potatoes. Pour everything in a pan together and bake it. Add the cheese and bake it for a few more minutes, and voila.
I like my shepherd’s pie with ketchup on top.
6 large potatoes, peeled
3 TBS butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 cups mixed frozen veggies
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2. Cut each potato into 4 or 6 pieces and place them into the boiling water. Boil until potatoes are soft, about 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook ground beef in a saute pan, add Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, garlic salt, onion salt and pepper to season. Set aside when cooked.”
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
5. Defrost the frozen vegetables in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes.
6. When potatoes are done. Put them in a bowl, add butter, milk and salt and whisk them together until they are creamy.
7. Take a 9×13 inch casserole dish and spray the bottom with Pam.
8. Spread the ground beef in the bottom of the dish.
9. Top the ground beef with the mixed vegetables.
10. Top the mixed vegetables with the mashed potatoes.
11. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
12. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.