A refreshing way to enjoy your daily water. Water infused with strawberries, grapefruit, and mint leaves – amazing good, healthy, and flavorful.
Will you join the infused water bandwagon with me!?! I have jumped on wholehearted from my first sip of this strawberry grapefruit minty infused water to my last. The flavors last about 1 week.
This is so easy, so refreshing, so good! Pick a favorite fruit or two – I chose strawberries and grapefruit. Add an herb or spice – mint and strawberry are so good together. Slice up your fruit, muddle a few pieces*, crush the herb leaves*, and pour some sweetened water over the top. Let it all chill together for at least an hour and then pour the strained water over some ice.
After drinking your first bottle of strawberry grapefruit minty infused water, make another batch of sweeten water to pour over the fruit again. Enjoy throughout your day and week, the flavors will last through several refillings. Once it is too weak, start with fresh fruit all over again.
Strawberry Grapefruit Minty Infused Water
- 6 to 8 medium strawberries (divided - washed and stem removed)
- 1/4 of a grapefruit (segments)
- 10 to 12 mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 quart water
- In 2 cups of water, dissolve 1/2 cup of sugar by stirring
- Slice 4 to 6 strawberries in 4 to 5 slices each
- Slice the 1/4 of a grapefruit, remove the rind and white completely, cut into 1 inch segments
- In a small bowl, muddle 2 strawberries until almost like puree
- In a quart jar or pitcher; layer the grapefruit segments, strawberry slices, and mint leaves (before placing the mint leaves into the jar rub between your fingers to release more of the flavor)
- Repeat with additional layers until all the fruit and mint leaves are in the jar
- Add the muddled strawberries
- Pour the sugar water over everything into the jar, add additional water until the jar or pitcher is filled
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill
- To serve fill glasses with ice cubes, pour water over the ice cubes without allowing the fruit and leaves to flow out of the jar
- You can refill the jar with sweetened water several times and chill to enjoy your strawberry grapefruit minty infused water over the next couple of days
How did you like the goodness?
*To muddle your fruit, place a few slices or pieces in a small bowl and smash with a fork or wooden spoon.
*To crush your herb leaves, rub and smash them between your fingers to release their flavor and aroma.