Take 5 Candy Bars are easy to make at home with only a few ingredients, now you can have that great chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, pretzel and peanut combo anytime!
Have you guys tried Take 5 bars before? I often forget about them, but really they are one of my favorite candy bars. They have the best combination of flavors – everything a candy bar could need.
I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, pretzels and peanuts? The smooth and creamy caramel and peanut butter, with the crunchy and salty pretzels and peanuts, all covered in chocolate. These might be the best candy bar invented.
And now you don’t even have to go to the store to buy them (plus they are sometimes harder to find now too) you can just make them at home! (Though you may need to run to the store for the ingredients. But for the cost of just a few bars from the store you can make about 25 at home. Then you’ll just have to try not to eat them all at once!
So this recipe is pretty simple if you even consider it a recipe at all. Its basically just the 5 ingredients in a take 5 bar (chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, pretzel, and peanuts). However I added a couple things to make it easier to make and sweeter and in case you don’t just want to throw the 5 ingredients together, here are the amounts of everything I used.
Take 5 Bars - Copycat
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 TBS powdered sugar
- 20-25 pretzels
- 10 caramel squares
- 1 TBS milk
- 60-80 peanut halves (you can buy them already in half at some stores, or they're easy enough to break - or use whole ones just smaller whole peanuts, lightly salted)
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Lay pretzels out on waxed or parchment paper.
- Put peanut butter and powdered sugar in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well until creamy.
- Spread a small spoonful of peanut butter on the top of each pretzel, (maybe a teaspoon?)
- Put caramel squares and milk in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 15 seconds. Stir until creamy. (Make sure not to over heat your caramel, as it will cause it to turn burn a little and turn hard very quickly, and we want it to stay soft)
- Spread a small spoonful of caramel over the top of the peanut butter. (the same amount as the peanut butter.
- Stick 3-4 peanut halves on top of the caramel.
- Put in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, in a small bowl. Heat for 1 minute. Stir. Heat for another 20 seconds and stir until completely mixed.
- Dip each pretzel candy into the melted chocolate.(Warning: this was really messy for me) You might need to keep half in the freezer to keep the caramel hard while you're dipping the first half.
- Set on parchment or waxed paper.
- Let set for about 30 minutes at room temperature until chocolate is hardened.
First published on July 20, 2012. Photos Updated on March 24, 2015.
Enjoy these amazing copy cat take 5 bars!