I love the simplicity of snickerdoodle cookies, but when I saw pumpkin snickerdoodles around the interwebs, I knew they were something I needed to try! And I knew they would be the perfect fall cookie.
And I was right. You see, these pumpkin snickerdoodles have the great taste of regular snickerdoodles with their cinnamon and sugar coating, but added to the cookie batter is some pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to give the cookies that delicious pumpkiny fall flavor.
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together your butter and sugars until light.
- Add in your egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla and stir till mixed together.
- In a separate bowl combine your flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Dump your dry ingredients in with your wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Scoop your dough into 1½ TBS to 2 TBS and roll into balls.
- Dip your dough into the cinnamon sugar and roll around to full coat.
- Slightly flatter your balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone liner.
- Sprinkle with extra cinnamon sugar if desired.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Allow to rest on cookie sheet for a minute before removing to a cooling rack.
Enjoy the delicious taste of fall in these pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies!
You might like these other recipes too: