These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are are soft, moist, and loaded with the perfect pumpkin flavor. They’re the best fall cookies.
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a must make during the fall season. My family loves them and I know yours will too. They’re so moist, soft, and cakey. They’re loaded with chocolate chips and they are so delicious.
I first shared these amazing pumpkin chocolate chip cookies over LollyJane.com and wanted to share them here with our fabulous readers too. I got the recipe for these pumpkin cookies from my mother in law, who got it from her niece and they are my favorite! And I think you’ll really love these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies too.
I like to make pumpkin season last as long as it can, starting with back to school season, and it’s at least acceptable to enjoy pumpkin until Thanksgiving, right? I mean, Thanksgiving is all about pumpkin pie, isn’t it? Don’t forget the pumpkin roll, and the pumpkin bread, and the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins either.
These chocolate chip pumpkin cookies are so soft, and light and fluffy. They are loaded with the best pumpkin flavor, and chocolate chips in every single bite. Thankfully they’re super easy to make too!
How to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
You’ll combine your pumpkin puree, applesauce, oil, sugar, vanilla extract, milk and eggs in a large bowl. Set that aside and mix together the dry ingredients in another bowl. That will be your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Add the dry mixture to your wet pumpkin mixture and stir well. Fold in the chocolate chips evenly.
Scoop the cookie dough by the spoonful onto a prepared cookie sheet. (The batter is very sticky, and kind of thin, so I recommend scooping with a cookie scoop so you can keep your hands from getting sticky with the dough) Add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops to make them extra pretty. Bake them up once the tops are set and a toothpick comes out clean.
Can this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe be halved?
This recipe makes a lot of cookies, about 48-54 cookies. You’ll probably want to gobble them all up, but the recipe is super easy to cut in half if you don’t want quite so many cookies. You will just halve each ingredient and bake them up like normal.
But speaking of cutting this recipe in half — I attempted to cut it in half, but I accidentally still used two eggs instead of one egg. So then I had to just make the original recipe as is. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I just ended up with about 2 dozen more pumpkin cookies than I needed. So I pawned some of them off to my mom, and some to my brother in law and sister in law. They didn’t seem to mind too much though 😉
Looking for more pumpkin chocolate chip recipes?
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies on A Latte Food
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 15 oz pumpkin puree (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (you can also use canola oil)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp milk
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine your pumpkin, applesauce, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together your flour baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a medium sized bowl.
- Dump all your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and fold them together.
- Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 2 TBS of cookie dough onto a prepared baking sheet at a time, about 8 on a sheet.
- Place extra chocolate chips on the top of each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-11 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for about 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet then move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies were first posted on November 21, 2014. Photos updated on October 7, 2019.
If you like these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies then I think you’ll like these too: