These chewy pumpkin white chocolate chip cookies are the best cookies you’ll have this fall season! The cookies are chewy, soft, pumpkin cookies with slightly crispy edges – and not cakey!
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are amazing. Honestly, they’re my new favorite pumpkin cookie – and I’ve made them on repeat the last couple weeks and will keep making them as long as I can find canned pumpkin at the store.
Their texture is so different from the typical pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, which are usually soft and fluffy, and a bit cake-like. These chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies have the texture of a more traditional chocolate chip cookie, with slightly crispy edges, and soft and chewy cookie middles.
Pumpkin cookies are a must make every fall season. I love the traditional pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and while I think they definitely have their time and place, and often too 😉 They are more like a slice of pumpkin cake, or a pumpkin muffin than traditional cookies. These chewy pumpkin white chocolate chip cookies are such a tasty cookie to add to your recipe box.
Pumpkin is so moist on it’s own. So usually in pumpkin cookies to soak up all the moisture we add lots of flour. We don’t want these cookies too cakey though, so to take away some of that moisture, we took most of the eggs out of these cookies, and only use one egg yolk. The pumpkin holds everything together nicely in these cookies, that you don’t even miss having more egg.
The dough is still wet and sticky, so we need to chill it in the fridge for at least 1 hour. This makes it easier to scoop up the dough, and also keeps the cookies from spreading too much while they’re baking.
Pumpkin and white chocolate come together so perfectly in these cookies. These chewy pumpkin cookies have the perfect flavor of pumpkin, fall spice, and white chocolate. Each flavor persona is great on its own, but even better when they come together.
The pumpkin flavor in these cookies isn’t as strong as a traditional cakey style pumpkin chocolate chip cookie, since those usually have over 1 cup of pumpkin puree and these cookies only use 1/3 cup of pumpkin. With the pumpkin spice and cinnamon though, they come together perfectly with a light pumpkin spice flavor throughout. Making them a seriously delicious fall cookie to add to your repertoire.
These chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are the best of the best. They’re such a delicious spiced cookie that tastes like fall in every bite.
Looking for more Pumpkin Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chewy Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (or chunks, or regular chocolate chips)
- Melt your butter in the microwave for about 40 seconds (it won’t be fully melted)
- Cream together the butter and sugars for about two minutes till light and creamy.
- Add in the egg yolk, vanilla, and pumpkin purée. Stir till just combined.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, flour, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for one hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 2-2.5TBS sized balls. Roll into balls and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Slightly flatten each cookie dough ball.
- Place pan into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, until cookies look set in the edges and mostly set in the middle.
- Allow cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for another 3 to 4 minutes as they continue cooking on the pan.
- Place a few extra white chocolate chips on the top of each cookie for looks, if desired.
- Remove from pan to a cooling rack and cool completely.