When I made these creepy crawly dirt pudding cups, I knew I had to try making some dirt cupcakes the same way too! And I was not disappointed. I mean, basically its a chocolate cupcake, with chocolate frosting, topped with oreo crumbs and gummy worms. What’s not to like?!
Plus besides being delicious, they’re completely adorable too. Perfect just for fun or for a Halloween party, or leave off the spiders and take them to a gardening party, whatever.
For this “recipe”, you just need chocolate cupcakes (from scratch or a box), chocolate frosting (from scratch or a box), oreos, gummy worms and spiders. I used homemade cupcakes, but canned frosting and they turned out just perfect.
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Frosting
- Gummy Worms
- Spider Rings
- Cook your chocolate cupcakes and allow them to cool completely.
- Make your chocolate frosting and set aside.
- Pulse your oreos into a fine crumb and put them in a medium sized bowl.
- Frost your cupcakes.
- Dip your frosted cupcakes into the oreo crumbs to completely the cupcake with your "dirt".
- Lay your gummy worms and your spiders on top of your dirt. And serve.
Enjoy these chocolatey dirt cupcakes!
If you like these Dirt Cupcakes, you’ll like these too:
Chocolate Cupcakes - The best, moist, chocolatey and most delicious chocolate cupcakes