These adorable nutter butter snowman truffles are a delicious nutter butter cookie and cream cheese truffle, dipped in white chocolate and decorated to like adorable snowmen
**This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NuttyForTheHolidays #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite holiday treats is Nutter Butter Truffles and Oreo Truffles. This year I decided to make my Nutter Butter Truffles even more festive and adorable by turning them into snowman truffles.
These snowman truffles are super simple to make, and so adorable! All you need is Nutter Butter Cookies, I got mine from Walmart, cream cheese, white chocolate chips, black decorating gel, and orange sprinkles.
To make the truffles, you’ll blend up your Nutter Butter cookies into a fine crumb in your blender or food processor. Add in your cream cheese and mix in your blender until a thick base is formed. It will look like a peanut butter cookie dough. Roll your dough into tablespoon sized balls and place them on a cookie sheet. Place the sheet in your fridge for about 1 hour for the truffles to chill, which will make your dipping easier.
Melt your white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, at 50% power, for about 1.5 minutes total. Stir together till chocolate is completely smooth. Using a toothpick inserted into each truffle, dip into the chocolate to coat. Allow the extra chocolate to drip off back into the bowl and place truffle on waxed paper. Stick 1 orange sprinkle onto 1/3 of your truffles, using the chocolate to hold the sprinkle in place. Allow the chocolate to harden completely before decorating a face, with 2 eyes and a coal mouth onto the truffle pieces with the sprinkles. These will be your snowman faces. Decorate another 1/3 of the truffles with the black gel for coal buttons. These will be the snowman middles. And leave the final 1/3 of the truffles plain, which will be the snowman bottoms.. (You could alternatively decorate all the truffles as snowman heads if you want too)
If you want to stick your truffles in mini cupcake liners for serving. Then line a snowman head, middle and bottom up to make a full snowman 🙂
These are a perfect holiday treat. They’re delicious and adorable! Great for a holiday party or taking to your friends and neighbors as a gift!
- 1 family sized package Nutter Butter Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 TBS coconut oil, optional (helps chocolate harden quicker)
- orange jimmy sprinkles
- 1 tube black decorating gel
- Crush your nutter butters into a crumb using your food processor or blender.
- Mix together with your cream cheese and nutter butter crumbs to make a thick base.
- Roll your mixture into small 1 TBS sized balls and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Melt your white chocolate chips in a small bowl with your coconut oil for about 1 minute, then stir together till smooth. (Or you can melt with a double boiler)
- Insert a toothpick into each truffle and dip into the chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip off back into the bowl and place on waxed paper.
- Stick an orange jimmy onto the middle of one third of your truffles.
- Decorate faces onto your truffles with an orange sprinkle nose using black decorating gel
- Decorate 3 coal buttons onto one third of your truffles.
- Serve truffles arranged as snowmen.
Head to Walmart soon to grab everything you need to make these adorable and festive treats! Here is a coupon to save .50 cents on a package of Nutter Butters.