This Nutter Butter Mug Cake is made in just a few minutes, with only 4 ingredients, and is like a Nutter Butter cookie wrapped up in to a moist, and soft cake. It’s the perfect late night treat!
I love mug cakes, they are the perfect late night treat. This Nutter Butter Mug Cake only takes a few minutes to make (it’s literally ready to eat in less than 10 minutes).
Plus, it’s got the delicious taste of Peanut Butter Nutter Butter Cookies all wrapped up in a soft cake in mug. It’s perfect topped with ice cream, drizzled with chocolate, topped with peanut butter cups, whipped cream, you name it.
I don’t know if you’ve seen the Oreo Mug cakes floating around Tik Tok?? But this Nutter Butter Mug Cake is like that, only taken to the next level – it’s got 4 ingredients instead of 2, and it’s made with Nutter Butters. Duh, who doesn’t love peanut butter?!
What do you need to make Nutter Butter Mug Cakes?
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
How to make Nutter Butter Mug Cakes?
Crush your Nutter Butter Cookies into a fine crumb in a food processor. You can also use a blender, or beat them with a mallet in a ziplock bag.
Add the crumbs, sugar, and baking powder to a microwave safe mug and stir it all together. Stir in the milk.
Microwave for 1 minute. If the cake isn’t done microwave in additional 10 second increments as needed. Let it cool for a couple minutes.
Then top with powdered sugar, chopped Reeses, or whatever else you want to.
What should I top my Nutter Butter Cake with?
- powered sugar
- homemade whipped cream or cool whip
- a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- caramel or butterscotch syrup
- chocolate syrup or hot fudge
- chopped up peanut butter cups
- chopped up peanuts
- chopped up Nutter Butters for a crunch
- chocolate chips (add them when its right out of the microwave and they’ll melt a bit on top, yum!)
Nutter Butter Mug Cake Tips:
- Microwave times vary based on microwave strengths, so start first with 1 minute. Then add additional 10 second increments at a time as needed. (It also depends how gooey you like your cake)
- Crush up your Nutter Butter Cookies as fine as you can, so that they almost look like sand. (The crumbs should weigh about 1.6oz)
- Although the mug cake shouldn’t raise too much, depending on the size of your mug (grab one that holds at least 8 oz of liquid – and definitely make sure it is microwave safe!) there might be a freak accident – place your mug on a plate, just in case it overflows so the plate can catch the mess and you won’t have to clean it out of your microwave.
This Nutter Butter mug cake only uses a few Nutter Butters, so you may need some ideas to use up your leftover cookies (that is if you aren’t gobbling them up as is – or keeping them on hand so you can make this mug cake every night of the week, not that I’m speaking from experience or anything 😉 ).
If you do need some ideas for your leftover Nutter Butters, these Nutter Butter Truffles are definitely a winner, or using them instead of Oreos for the crust in this Peanut Butter Pie would be amazing!
This mug cake is a surprisingly easy, delicious dessert – bursting with the perfect peanut butter flavor. It tastes like Nutter Butter cookies in cake form, and is the best late night or afternoon dessert!
More Mug Cake recipes?
- Brownie in a Mug
- Snickerdoodle Mug Cake on Five Heart Home
- Carrot Cake Mug Cake on The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Vanilla Mug Cake on Spoonful of Flavor
- Oreo Mug Cake
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Nutter Butter Mug Cake
- 3 Nutter Butter Cookies
- 3 TBS milk
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- powdered sugar (optional, for topping)
- 1 Reeses cup (chopped, optional, for topping)
- Add the Nutter Butter cookies to a food processor and pulse, until the Nutter Butter cookies are fine crumbs.
- Add the crumbs, sugar, baking powder and milk to a 8oz microwave safe mug, and stir it all together.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Microwave in additional 10 second intervals as needed.
- Remove from the microwave and let it cool for 1 to 2 minutes, before serving.
- Sprinkle with desired toppings.