Gingerbread Truffles are a delicious treat, made with only 4 ingredients! They’ve got the great flavors of ginger snap cookies all dipped in white chocolate in a delicious bite sized treat, perfect for the holidays!
I’m all about quick and easy treat recipes over here. And these tasty bite sized treats are made with only 4 ingredients and just a few minutes of work! They’re perfect for the holidays because we all know we don’t want to slave around in the kitchen for hours when we could be watching Christmas movies, or bundling up by the fire drinking hot chocolate, or going sledding, reading Christmas books, you name it.
I love when I get a chance to share one of my friend’s cook books with you guys! My friend Alli Miller from Tornadough Alli wrote a cook book called Untraditional Desserts. It’s got 100 delicious sweet recipes, that are all classic desserts (and a few breakfast recipes) with a twist.
All of her recipes look so delicious, and the book is filled with gorgeous pictures on almost every single page! There are so many more recipes in the book that I can’t wait to try, and I’m sure they will all be amazing! Here are some of the other recipes I am most excited for:
- Monster Cookie Sheet Cake (page 18)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sheet Cake (page 27)
- Blueberry Muffin Cheesecake (page 60)
- Banana Split Blondies (page 89)
- Fluffernutter Cookies (page 104)
- Lemon Poppyseed Cookies (page 111)
- Rocky Road Cupcakes (page 138)
- Fruity Pebble Churros (page 186)
Today I’m sharing her gingerbread truffles with you. These truffles are so easy to make with only 4 ingredients. They’re similar to my Oreo cookie balls recipes, but instead of Oreos, for the base of these truffles you will use gingersnap cookies.
These truffles are a perfect holiday treat. I love the flavor of ginger and molasses that ginger cookies have, and they are one of my favorite holiday cookies. So I just knew that gingerbread truffles would be a winner!
So basically these “truffles” are made with a cookie, in this case, gingersnaps. Blended up to a fine crumb, then mixed with cream cheese. You will roll those into balls and then dip them in white chocolate. I mean what could be better than cookies, mixed with cream cheese and dipped in chocolate?
These gingerbread truffles are delicious spicy, crunchy ginger cookies mixed up with smooth cream cheese, and sweet white chocolate.
These bite sized treats are perfect for sharing this time of year, whether you share them on a treat plate that you deliver to your neighbors, or serve as a dessert at a holiday party!
Looking for more Bite Sized Holiday Treats?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 16 oz gingersnap cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 package almond bark, or vanilla bark (or about 1 cup white chocolate chips)
- cinnamon (to garnish)
- sprinkles (to garnish)
- In a food processor or blender, add your gingersnap cookies. Process until the cookies form into a fine crumb.
- Add in the cream cheese and process until it's totally combined with the crumbs. Use a rubber spatula to combine if the food processor doesn't work.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Grab some of the cookie mixture and roll it into 1 to 1.5 inch balls. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Freeze the tray for about 30 minutes.
- Melt your almond bark according to package directions.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and carefully dunk your truffles one by one into the melted almond bark until they're completely covered.
- Place the truffles back onto the baking sheet and immediately sprinkle the tops with cinnamon or sprinkles.
- Let chocolate set for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Truffles stay good in the fridge for 1 week. Truffles can be frozen up to 1 month.