These peanut butter cup rice krispie treats are a perfect easy and delicious treat. With a peanut butter marshmallow krispie treat base, topped with a chocolate peanut butter ganache and chopped peanut butter cups!
I am obsessed with making different versions of rice krispie treats, brainstorming different flavor combinations that I could try out all the time. This time I made rice krispie treats inspired by one of my favorite candy bars again and it was a huge success!
If you love peanut butter cups, or peanut butter and chocolate you will love these sweet peanut butter cup rice krispie treats. These treats have a peanut butter marshmallow base, they are still rice krispie treats after all (but you could totally make the peanut butter scotcheroo base with corn syrup instead of marshmallows if you prefer), topped with a chocolate peanut butter ganache and then chopped up peanut butter cups, for good measure.
These bars definitely are sweet and rich, but they sure are delicious! They’re the perfect no bake treat, when you are craving something sweet, or to wow your friends.
Simple peanut butter chocolatey goodness.
- 2 TBS butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cup chopped peanut butter cups
- Melt the butter over medium low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add in the marshmallows and peanut butter and stir together till marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is combined well.
- Pour in the rice cereal and stir together till cereal is completely coated.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 pan and press down evenly (but don't squish too hard)
- Put chocolate chips and peanut butter in a medium sized microwavable bowl.
- Melt in microwave in 30 second increments (about 60 seconds total), stirring after each until chocolate is smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate over the rice cereal and spread evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups evenly over the top.
- Let chocolate set completely.
- Cut and serve.