These Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats are the cutest Halloween treats, with rice krispie treats decorated to look like Frankenstein’s Monster, these spooky treats are not only delicious but so fun for Halloween!
By now you guys know that I love rice krispie treats, and this year when I discovered I could decorate them for different holidays, I just knew I had to make a few different adorable Halloween varieties.
These Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats are dipped in green candy melts, and decorated with candy eyes, brown or black candy melts (or chocolate) for the hair and mouth, and a pretzel for his bolts.
You can use homemade rice krispie treats, or start with the store bought snack sized rice krispie treats. Homemade will make them extra marshmallow-ey and delicious, but I’ll be honest, I usually use the store bought treats for their uniformity in shape and size. Plus you can’t beat how easy they make these treats.
Besides being so cute, these Frankenstein treats are super delicious too! I mean, rice krispie treats dipped in candy melts? They’re totally a sweet lovers dream, and perfect for Halloween time sugar overloads. The treats are crunchy, gooey, and dipped in yummy goodness, what’s better than that?!
Looking for more Halloween Treat Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 16 Snack Sized Rice Krispie Treats
- 12 oz dark green candy melts
- 24 candy eyes
- 16 mini pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup dark brown or black candy melts (or chocolate chips)
- chocolate jimmies (optional)
- Unwrap your Rice Krispie Treats, or prepare your own homemade and slice them.
- Melt the green candy melts according to the package directions. (If you do them on high power they may end up getting white dots all over the chocolate when it hardens)
- Dip the top of the rice krispie treats into the melted candy and place them onto parchment paper.
- Place two candy eyes onto each of the treats.
- Allow chocolate to set completely.
- Break pretzels into pieces and stick one piece on each side of the treat near the bottom to make the bolts.
- Melt brown candy melts (or chocolate) according to package directions. If using chocolate melt for 1 minute at 50% power, then rounds of 30 seconds as needed, at 50% power as well.
- Place chocolate into a ziplock bag and seal.
- Snip the end of the bag off, to make a little whole.
- Use chocolate to decorate Frankenstein to make hair at the top and mouths below the eyes.
- Allow to set for a few minutes, sprinkle with chocolate jimmies if desired for the hair.
- Allow to set fully till chocolate is totally set and hardened.