These Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats are the cutest Halloween treats, with rice krispie treats decorated to look like Frankenstein’s Monster, these spooky treats are not only delicious but so fun for Halloween!
By now you guys know that I love rice krispie treats, and this year when I discovered I could decorate them for different holidays, I just knew I had to make a few different adorable Halloween varieties.
These Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats are cereal treats dipped in green candy melts, and decorated with candy eyes, brown or black candy melts (or chocolate) for the hair and mouth, and a pretzel for his bolts.
You can use homemade rice krispie treats, or start with the store bought snack sized rice krispie treats. Homemade will make them extra marshmallow-ey and delicious, but I’ll be honest, I usually use the store bought treats for their uniformity in shape and size. Plus you can’t beat how easy they make these treats.
Besides being so cute, these Frankenstein treats are super delicious too! I mean, rice krispie treats dipped in candy melts? They’re totally a sweet lovers dream, and perfect for Halloween time sugar overloads. The treats are crunchy, gooey, and dipped in yummy goodness, what’s better than that?!
- rice krispie treats – use store bought rice krispies for a nice even size. But you can also make homemade crispy treats for an even better flavor. (You’ll need crisp rice cereal, butter, and mini marshmallows for homemade rice krispy treats.)
- dark green candy melts
- candy eyeballs
- mini pretzel sticks
- dark brown or black candy melts
- chocolate jimmies (optional)
How to make Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats?
- Prepare your rice krispie treats and slice them into 2x3inch rectangles.
- Melt candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Melt them according to the package directions. While the low heat does take a while to heat them, it’s worth it to avoid any white spots on the chocolate as it hardens.
- Dip the top of the rice krispie treats into the melted green candy, then place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Place two googly eyes onto each of the treats while the green candy is still melted. Then let it set completely.
- Break pretzel sticks into pieces and stick one half into each side of the treat near the bottom to make the bolts.
- Melt the brown candy melts in the microwave. Or use chocolate chips if desired, melt chocolate chips for 1 minute at 50% power, then do additional 30-second increments as needed at the same half power.
- Transfer the melted chocolate into a ziplock bag and seal the bag. Snip the corner off of the bag. Then use the chocolate to decorate Frankenstein’s hair at the top, and a mouth below the eyes. Allow the chocolate to set for a couple minutes, then sprinkle chocolate jimmies at the top for hair, if desired.
- Let the treats set until the chocolate is hardened, then enjoy, or serve at your next Halloween party.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you’re making homemade rice krispie treats, it could be fun to add a few drops of green food coloring to the marshmallow mixture to make the whole treat green.
- This recipe is more about how to decorate rice krispie treats, you can use homemade treats, or store bought for this recipe. Store bought is my preference personally so you end with nice even sized and shaped treats.
- Store these fun Halloween treats in an airtight container in a cool place on the counter for up to 2 days. The rice krispie treats will get harder than you want to eat after that.
These cute Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats are fun treats! They’re a great option for Halloween parties, a Halloween movie night, or any time for a fun and easy treat for the Halloween season.
Looking for more Halloween Treat Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 Snack Sized Rice Krispie Treats
- 12 oz dark green candy melts
- 24 candy eyes
- 16 mini pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup dark brown or black candy melts (or chocolate chips)
- chocolate jimmies (optional)
- Unwrap your Rice Krispie Treats, or prepare your own homemade and slice them.
- Melt the green candy melts according to the package directions. (If you do them on high power they may end up getting white dots all over the chocolate when it hardens)
- Dip the top of the rice krispie treats into the melted candy and place them onto parchment paper.
- Place two candy eyes onto each of the treats.
- Allow chocolate to set completely.
- Break pretzels into pieces and stick one piece on each side of the treat near the bottom to make the bolts.
- Melt brown candy melts (or chocolate) according to package directions. If using chocolate melt for 1 minute at 50% power, then rounds of 30 seconds as needed, at 50% power as well.
- Place chocolate into a ziplock bag and seal.
- Snip the end of the bag off, to make a little whole.
- Use chocolate to decorate Frankenstein to make hair at the top and mouths below the eyes.
- Allow to set for a few minutes, sprinkle with chocolate jimmies if desired for the hair.
- Allow to set fully till chocolate is totally set and hardened.