Salted caramel rice krispie treats are classic rice krispie treats made even better with the delicious addition of a rich homemade salted caramel sauce!
**These salted caramel rice krispie treats are made in partnership with Sea of Cortés Gourmet Sea Salt. All opinions are my own.
These salted caramal rice krispy treats are rice krispie treats taken to the next level. You all know how much I love rice krispie treats, well these are getting added into my regular rotation. You still have the traditional and delicious gooey marshmallow, but you’re adding in a homemade salted caramel sauce to the mix.
These are perfect for a treat to send in school lunch boxes, for an afternoon snack, or to share with your friends and neighbors so you don’t find yourself eating the whole batch!
I made the salted caramel sauce for these using Sea of Cortés Gourmet Sea Salt. Their sea salt is 100% pure sea salt. It has no additives, has never been processed or refined, never treated with chemicals, and has no anti-caking agents.
I love knowing what I’m putting into my mouth and into my stomach and with these treats all the ingredients in the salted caramel sauce are things I trust, starting with the sugar, butter, heavy cream, and Sea of Cortés Gourmet Sea Salt in the salted caramel.
The salted caramel sauce adds the perfect salty kick to make these the perfect sweet and salty treat. So next time you’re craving a sweet and salty treat try these salted caramel rice krispie treats. I promise you won’t regret it!
Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
For the Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 TBS butter (cut into slices)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Sea of Cortés Gourmet Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce
- 5 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
!For the Salted Caramel Sauce:
- Measure out all your ingredients and set them aside so they are ready when you need them.
- Add your white sugar to a medium sized sauce pan and heat over medium heat on the stove top.
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon. Sugar will first form into little clumps, and then will eventually melt into an amber colored liquid. Keep stirring.
- Once the sugar is completely melted add in the butter. Stir it into the butter until its completely melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Very slowly stir in the heavy cream. It will steam a little, so be careful. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour in the sea salt and vanilla.
- Pour into a glass jar and allow co cool until needed.
For the Rice Krispie Treats:
- Melt the butter over medium low heat in a large sauce pan.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir together till the marshmallows are almost completely melted.
- Stir in the salted caramel sauce.
- Pour in the cereal and mix together till cereal is completely coated.
- Pour into a 7x11in pan (or a 9x9) and press down evenly.
- Allow to set before slicing.