This chicken breast is stuffed full of a cheesy jalapeno mixture, and wrapped in bacon. It’s a delicious flavor combination!
Oh my gosh, you guys, I feel like I haven’t cooked anything in FOREVER. We didn’t cook much before Christmas break, there’s no good excuse, just laziness. And I only cooked one thing over the break. I got a crepe maker for Christmas and so even my one thing was like a 2 step process.
Anyway, it’s the new year and time to get back into the grind of being good with my resolutions. And one of my life long resolutions is cooking at least one new recipe every week.
Of course I always start at the beginning of the year with 3 or 4 new things each week, and then fade off as the year goes on. Plus when you’re cooking on a budget (another goal is saving about 10,000 dollars this year) it’s harder to try new things, but we’re gonna make a go of it, and I think we’ll make it work.
This is a fairly simple recipe for you to try out. And maybe you can make a resolution to try one new recipe a week too. Your husband/ children/ roommates will thank you.
If you’re not a fan of jalapeno, this recipe would still taste great without it. Because well bacon wrapped anything is delicious, and cream cheese stuffed in whatever is too. Inspired by this recipe on Closet Cooking.
6 small or 3 large chicken breasts
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup jalapeno, diced (add more for more spice)
12 slices of bacon
garlic salt, to taste
chili powder, to taste
cumin, to taste
1. Pound each chicken breast out till it is thin. Maybe a centimeter thick.
2. Mix cream cheese, cheddar, and jalapeno pieces in a small bowl.
3. Lay flattened chicken breast pieces out and place about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture onto the middle of the chicken breast.
4. Roll up chicken breast, and while holding it together, wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each piece of chicken. Use toothpicks to secure if necessary.
5. Place chicken in a large baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray.
6. Sprinkle the top of each piece of chicken with the garlic salt, cumin and chili powder.
7. Bake in oven preheated to 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until bacon starts to crisp up and chicken is fully cooked.