These blueberry coconut orange muffins are moist and delicious and such a delicious flavor combination.
Updated: 9/4/14 A healthier version and new pictures
Oh my, oh my, oh my – we loved these blueberry coconut orange muffins and they only got tastier and better after a day. I love a good salad with dinner plus a wonderful bread along side. These blueberry coconut orange muffins were just the perfect accompaniment. They were so good and moist there was no need for jam or butter or even honey on top. Each flavor, the blueberries, the coconut, and the orange was there and it was delicious.
They were super good on the first day, but the second day they were still moist and the flavors had blended so you could enjoy the muffins and their flavor even more. Inspired by Vanilla Coconut Muffins
Blueberry Coconut Orange Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup almond milk or regular milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 6 oz container blueberry Greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- grated orange zest from 1 orange
- juice from half of 1 fresh orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake paper liners
- Put into a large bowl the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar
- Add coconut and oats, gently mix together with the flour mixture
- In another bowl, gently whisk the eggs
- Add milk, vanilla, zest, and orange juice to the eggs, stir gently
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the egg/milk/juice mixture. Gently incorporate until there is no dry flour
- Add the blueberry Greek yogurt and do the same as in step 7
- Add the blueberries and again gently stir in
- Divide evenly among the 12 paper liners, they will be quite full. I even had enough for a mini loaf pan
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 28 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool on wire rack and serve with your favorite jam or eat plain because they are good enough to.
Enjoy these delicious and healthy muffins for breakfast or a side with dinner!