These blueberry coconut orange muffins are moist and delicious with a delightful flavor combination of fresh blueberries, shredded coconut, and orange zest.
Oh my, oh my, oh my – we loved these blueberry coconut orange muffins. They were enjoyable just fresh out of the oven with those tempting flavors of blueberries, coconut, and orange. But letting them sit for a day and the flavor got even more rich.
I love a good salad with dinner plus a wonderful bread along side. These blueberry coconut orange muffins were just the perfect accompaniment. They were so good and moist there was no need for jam or butter or even honey on top. With each bite of these blueberry coconut orange muffin the flavors complimented each other. There’s the blueberries, the orange zest, the coconut, and even the addition of yogurt added. It’s the perfect pleasant flavor combinations.
How to Make Blueberry Coconut Orange Muffins?
Mixing and baking these muffins is fairly easy but there are several steps. First whisk together all the dry ingredients, then the gentle stir in of the liquids. Gently stirring in the liquids – aka milk, eggs, vanilla, orange juice is a must for tender muffins. Every so slightly mix in the blueberries, leaving a few to plop on top of your blueberry coconut orange muffins just before baking.
With baking the muffins first at a higher temperature – 425 degrees for 5 minutes – should allow for a quick rise. Then lowering the temperature to 350 degrees to finish baking a moist, delectable muffin.
Right after baking I finished my muffins off with a little sprinkling of sugar and a quick broil of 1 to 2 minutes to caramelize the sugar. That little something made the muffins even sweeter against the sometimes tartness of blueberries. If you do do this watch your muffins carefully so they don’t burn because we all know the muffin tops are the best.
Enjoy these delicious and healthy muffins for breakfast or a side with dinner! Look at all those blueberries popping open for the most mouthwatering blueberry coconut orange muffin ever.
Looking for more Muffin Recipes?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Blueberry Coconut Orange Muffins
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar plus 2 TBS (divided)
- 1/2 cup rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup almond milk or regular milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 6 oz container blueberry Greek yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- grated orange zest from 1 orange
- juice from half of 1 fresh orange (about 3 TBS)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake paper liners
- Put into a large bowl the flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup sugar
- Add coconut and oats, gently mix together with the flour mixture
- In another bowl, gently whisk the eggs
- Add milk, vanilla, zest, and orange juice to the eggs, stir gently
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the egg/milk/juice mixture. Gently incorporate until there is no dry flour but lumps are okay
- Add the blueberry Greek yogurt, gently stir in
- Add the blueberries and again gently stir in
- Divide evenly among the 12 - 16 paper liners, they will be quite full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes - until toothpick comes out clean
- With the 2 TBS sugar, sprinkle each muffin
- Remove to cooling rack and let cool
- Serve now or store in an airtight container for later
First published on September 27, 2013. Photos updated on August 9, 2019.