Copycat Starbuck’s caramel apple spice tastes just like the original! With a homemade sweet cinnamon syrup mixed in with hot apple juice, topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce this drink is the perfect thing to warm up with!
A couple of years ago I tried Starbuck’s Caramel Apple Spice drink for the first time and I was immediately hooked! I don’t go to Starbucks often, but when I do this is my go to drink, and now I can make my own at home!
This caramel apple spice copycat tastes just like the real thing! But even better than the real thing, you can put extra whipped cream and caramel sauce on top if you want to 😉
This amazing drink is a hot apple juice drink, with a sweet homemade cinnamon syrup mixed in. Top it with homemade whipped cream, and a drizzle of caramel sauce and you’ve got the perfect hot drink. Although I’m a big hot chocolate fan, this hot caramel apple cider might be my favorite warm drink of all, perfect for a chilly day.
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this copycat Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- apple juice (or fresh apple cider)
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
How to make Caramel Apple Spice?
Start by making your cinnamon dolce syrup. Add the water, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a small pot and bring it to boil over medium heat. Once it is boiling lower the temperature to low and continue cooking the sauce for a few minutes until it starts to thicken a little.
Tips and Tricks:
- Add the caramel syrup to a squeeze bottle so you can add it to the top of the whipped cream in a nice even drizzle.
- For individual glasses of this caramel apple spice drink add 2 TBS of cinnamon syrup for every 12oz of apple juice.
- Add the hot apple cider drink to a crock pot with the cinnamon syrup to stay warm for several hours. Give it an occasional stir if any of the drink starts to settle in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious caramel apple cider float.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Caramel Apple Spice Coffee?
Starbuck’s caramel apple spice drink does not contain coffee or tea. This homemade version doesn’t either. It’s my favorite decaffeinated drink to get from Starbucks in the fall.
How to store leftovers?
You can store any leftover cider in a closed container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Any leftover cinnamon syrup should stay good in the fridge in an airtight container for up 3 weeks.
What brand of Apple Juice does Starbucks use?
Starbucks doesn’t release what apple juice brand they use for their caramel apple spice drink. Any generic or home pressed apple juice or apple cider will work.
Caramel Apple Spice
For the Cinnamon Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 TBS ground cinnamon
For the Caramel Apple Spice:
- 60 oz apple juice or fresh pressed apple cider
- whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- Combine water, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Lower to a simmer and cook for 6-7 minutes until mixture starts to thicken a little.
- Mix 1/4 cup of cinnamon syrup into every 12oz of apple juice. Or mix it all with 60oz of juice in a medium to large pot. **
- Bring mixture to a simmer and stir well.
- Pour drink into cups.
- Top each cup with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce over the top.