A delicious baked manicotti pasta with lots of cheese, lots of delicious sauce and lots of breaded chicken pieces.
**I created this amazing Chicken Parmesan Manicotti as a part of a sponsored post for SocialStars. All opinions are my own. #NewTraDish
You all know how much I love chicken parmesan, right? I mean I’ve made plain chicken parmesan, chicken parmesan pizza, chicken parmesan pot pie – so when thinking of dinner I decided to make chicken parmesan manicotti. Now originally, I was going to make stuffed shells, but when you go to the store and they’re all gone because they were on sale, and you try another store and they don’t have any jumbo shells, you give up and decide to go for manicotti instead. It ended up not being a bad decision at all – this chicken parmesan manicotti was amazing!
My idea for chicken parmesan manicotti was inspired from Ragú® Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan and Baked Manicotti, and I decided to combine the two to make a delicious baked pasta with lots of cheese, lots of delicious sauce and lots of breaded chicken pieces. To make my manicotti a little easier, I used frozen breaded chicken and Ragú® Meat Creations Sauteed Onion & Beef sauce. But I think it would be equally delicious if you used any of the Ragú® sauces, since they all have a delicious taste that your whole family will love! This could also be an easy and delicious addition to any upcoming holiday meal.
To make this manicotti, I first cooked up my breaded chicken, started boiling some water for my noodles and made my filling. I used some eggs, ricotta, mozzarella, Italian spices and a little salt and pepper for my filling. Then I stuffed it inside of my manicotti shells, which I cut in half length-wise. Then I chopped up my chicken into bite-sized pieces. I layered about 1 1/2 cups of the Ragú® Meat Creations Sauteed Onion & Beef sauce in the bottom of my pan, put my filled manicotti shells in, sprinkled my chicken over the top, then topped it with the rest of the Ragú® sauce and some more cheese. Then, of course, baked it all in the oven. Are you ready for the full recipe so you can make this deliciousness yourself?
Chicken Parmesan Manicotti
Chicken Parmesan Manicotti
- 1 package manicotti shells
- 1 24 oz Jar Ragú® Meat Creations Sauteed Onion & Beef sauce
- 4 cups chopped and cooked breaded chicken
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
For the Cheese Filling:
- 2 cups ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS Italian Seasonings
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Prepare your breaded chicken, cook it in the oven to get it nice and crispy.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add your manicotti shells. Cook according to package directions, minus a minute or two to make al dente.
- Combine all the ingredients for your cheese filling in a large bowl and mix will.
- Rinse your manicotti noodles off and allow them to cool for a couple minutes before cutting them in half to make 2 smaller noodles.
- Pour about 1 1/2 cups of your Ragú® Meat Creations Sauteed Onion & Beef sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Stuff each noodle full of the cheese mixture. And place the noodles into your baking dish.
- Sprinkle your chicken pieces over the top of your stuffed noodles.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top of everything.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in your oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and allow to bake for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is totally melted and turns golden.
If you’d like to get involved with Ragú® you can learn more here. And be sure to visit their facebook page, pinterest, and twitter for more easy and delicious recipe ideas, and recipe mash ups like this one!