A Parmesan and herb crusted chicken, lightly fried, topped with this amazing tomato, herb and creamy sauce. You can eat it over noodles or just enjoy the chicken on its own.
Last week was a busy week, we had a huge event at work and then last weekend I went to my first ever blog conference. I finished the weekend off enjoying one of the Christmas gifts I got for Nate, and the Jazz vs Heat basketball game. Needless to say, it was a busy week and I didn’t have a lot of time for cooking, so we ate a lot of frozen meals and fast food. But, we did have time to make this delicious dinner at the beginning of the week and it was delicious!
I got this recipe from here, and changed it just a little bit to make it work better for us.
Basically this is a parmesan and herb crusted chicken, lightly fried. Then it is topped with this amazing tomato, herb and creamy sauce. You can eat it over noodles like we did, or you can just enjoy the chicken on its own. Anyway you have it, this meal is delicious.
Herb Crusted Chicken with Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 TBS mixed Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS milk
- 3 TBS butter
- 1 TBS garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS Italian seasoning
- Cut each chicken breast in half and pound each chicken breast to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix bread crumbs, Italian seasonings and garlic salt in a small shallow bowl.
- Mix egg and milk in another small shallow bowl.
- Heat butter in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Dip chicken into milk mixture and then into bread crumb mixture and place into saute pan to cook.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is full cooked. Set aside when done.
- Add garlic into the skillet and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth into the pan and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally and scrape off the browned parts from the bottom of the pan.
- Mix in the cream and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in Parmesan cheese and Italian seasonings.
- Stir sauce and cook until heated thoroughly and thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve over pasta if desired.
Enjoy this delicious crispy chicken topped with this creamy sauce!