These chile colorado burritos from Food Pusher or Chef in Training are very popular all over pinterest. I have made these burritos twice now, and still didn’t get the best pictures, but just trust me that they are delicious.
These burritos are so easy to make, and only take a few ingredients thrown into your crock pot. The meat gets so tender by cooking for several hours in the crock pot. And then you just have to put them together into burritos and bake till the cheese melts.
Chile Colorado Burritos
2 pounds stew meat
2 14 oz cans red enchilada sauce
1 TBS beef bouillon
1/2 can refried beans
8 large flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Put beef, 1 and 1/2 cans enchilada sauce and beef bouillon in the crock pot.
2. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
3. Slightly shred the meat after its done cooking.
4. Preheat your oven to broil.
5. Spread a spoonful of refried beans onto each tortilla.
6. Spread beef evenly between each tortilla.
7. Roll tortillas up like a burrito and place in a 9×13 inch bakeware pan.
8. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the burritos.
9. Top burritos with cheese.
10. Place burritos into preheated oven and cook until cheese is bubbly and melty, just a few minutes.
Enjoy this easy mexican dish, better than your favorite Mexican restaurant, at home!