Tortilla Bowls just make chili better; serve your favorite homemade chili or use canned, but serve them in tortilla bowls.
**I was provided with a free Electric Tortilla Shell Maker from Nostalgia Electrics. All opinions are my own.
I made tortilla bowls once before using our oven and a few mason jars. And it worked okay but it was time consuming and I was easily frustrated when a couple of the tortillas totally shattered in my effort to take them off of the tops of the mason jars.
A while back I was talking to a representative from Nostalgia Electrics and we decided that I would give their tortilla bowl maker a try. Wow, serious game changer. I have tried and loved having a taco salad in a tortilla bowl and today for dinner we tried chili in tortilla bowls. Talk about yum! And instead of getting a deep fried tortilla bowl like you might get at a restaurant these are oil free and still nice and crispy!
I was going to make a basic canned chili but realized we didn’t have any, so I made this basic chili instead. We have a couple other delicious chili recipes on the blog as well. Pumpkin Chili. White Chicken Chili.
And if you’re feeding a crowd I think these tortilla bowls would make a great addition to a soup bar. Give them a few choices of soups, some of these delicious tortilla bowls, and you can even serve some of your soup toppings in the bowls to make it a little more festive and decorative like I did. And when you’re done you can enjoy snapping off pieces of your tortilla bowl and dipping it into your chili or soup.
Chili in Tortilla Bowls
- one pot of your favorite chili
- 10 inch tortillas
- chili toppings (sour cream, cheese, guacamole, etc)
- 1 electric tortilla bowl maker from Nostalgia Electrics
- Cook your chili.
- Place one tortilla into your electric tortilla maker. Press tortilla into the bottom and hold for a few seconds so it will start to hold shape as you close. Close and allow machine to do its magic for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove tortilla from electric tortilla maker and repeat with additional tortillas.
- Pour chili into tortilla and topped with desired toppings.
Enjoy this healthy, delicious and easy dinner!
Enjoy this delicious chili inside of a fresh tortilla bowl!
Be sure to check out some of the other fun products that Nostalgia Electrics has to offer. I really want to get their Quesadilla Maker and their Cake Pop and Donut Hole Maker. You can purchase many of their products at Walmart, Best Buy, Bed Bath and Beyond or Amazon online.