Steak Chili is a delicious and hearty chili packed full of big pieces of steak instead of ground beef. Its perfect with your favorite toppings and great paired with cornbread.
**I made this steak chili in partnership with Krave Pure Foods, Inc. All opinions are my own.
There’s nothing like coming home after a busy day and having a big bowl of hearty chili for dinner. This steak chili can be made in the slow cooker, or on the stove top, so it’s perfect for when you want dinner ready in about an hour and half or if you need to leave your house for the day you can cook it in your slow cooker for about 6 hours on low. It’s perfectly heartwarming after a busy work day, or a busy school day.
This steak chili is packed full of 2 pounds of sirloin steak that is cut up into bite sized pieces, it’s cooked to perfection, so it’s so tender and flavorful. Also in the chili there are 2 cans of kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and a seasoning mix that is ready to pack a punch. It can be made as spicy as you want, but as is it’s just a slight kick with 1 jalapeño, with the seeds removed, and a dash of cayenne pepper.
Top the chili with your favorite toppings, like sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, and one that I recently tried and loved – chopped up beef jerky!
I topped it with Krave Sweet Chipotle Beef Jerky and it added the perfect little bursts of flavor and spice.
I love Krave Jerky because it is all-natural, with no artificial ingredients, no MSG, and no gluten. Its perfect for an on the go snack too, I love throwing a package or two in my bag because both myself and my 3 year old loves it and it’s perfect for a trip to the park, or a snack while running some errands.
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 half of a large onion)
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno (seeds removed and minced)
- 2 15 oz cans kidney beans (drained)
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 TBS chili powder
- 1 TBS cumin
- 1/2 TBS oregano
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Chopped up Krave Sweet Chipotle Beef Jerky
- Tortilla Chips
- Cut steak into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, heat 1 TBS of olive oil, add half of your steak pieces and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to brown all sides. Remove from pan and add additional tablespoon of oil and remaining beef. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add in the jalapeno, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, beef broth and seasonings. **
- Cook covered for about 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so until flavors are well blended.
- Serve chili in individual bowls, topping each with sour cream, cheese and a sprinkle of chopped Sweet Chipotle Jerky.