Chocolate covered peanut butter frozen bananas are the perfect healthier frozen treat. Such a perfect flavor combination with bananas, peanut butter and chocolate!
**These delicious chocolate covered peanut butter frozen bananas are made in partnership with Peanut Butter & Co. All opinions are my own.
Instead of an ice cream bar, these chocolate covered bananas are perfect for a healthier frozen treat. Chocolate and banana is such a delicious combination and when you add peanut butter to the mix it makes it even better!
So each banana half is covered with 1 tablespoon of White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter from Peanut Butter and Co. This is my new favorite peanut butter, its creamy and delicious and so good paired with fruit, in cookies, and especially on these bananas.
The bananas are frozen and then dipped in creamy melted chocolate. You can use milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate. Milk chocolate is my favorite. Then working quickly you can sprinkle your bananas with sprinkles, chopped peanuts, shredded coconut, or my personal favorite – a drizzle of white chocolate for good measure.
Making these at home gives you the opportunity to make them however you want.
These chocolate covered bananas are perfect for an after school treat now that kids are back-to-school. You and your kids will love digging into one of these tasty bananas after a long day!
Peanut Butter and Co also has some other amazing peanut butter flavors. Dark Chocolate Dreams, The Bee’s Knees (which is blended with honey), Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, Pumpkin Spice, The Heat is On (which has cayenne and chili powder mixed in for a nice kick), Mighty Maple and Smooth, and Crunchy. All of the peanut butters are non-GMO, containing no cholesterol, no high fructose corn syrup, and no trans-fats. All peanut butters except the Bee’s Knees are vegan (that one is vegetarian).
Peanut Butter and Co has a fun Back to School Giveaway going on where you can win a year’s worth supply of Peanut Butter & Co Peanut Butter, and Crofters Organic Fruit Spreads. Perfect for back-to-school lunches and after school snacks!
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Frozen Bananas
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter and Co White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips start with 1 cup and melt more chocolate if needed up to another 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 TBS chopped peanuts
- 2 TBS shredded coconut
- 2 TBS sprinkles
- Peel bananas and cut them in half.
- Push a popsicle stick or lollipop stick into the flat side of each banana.
- Carefully spread 1 TBS of White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter lengthwise on each banana and place them on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Place tray in the freezer for bananas to freeze for 3 hours, up to overnight.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time, and stir until smooth. (Mine takes about 60 seconds total)
- Pour melted chocolate into a tall narrow glass (wide enough to fit the bananas though).
- Carefully dip each banana into the chocolate and set back on the baking sheet. (If the chocolate is too thick, use a spoon or a spatula to scrape some back into the glass)
- Sprinkle tops with desired toppings or drizzle melted white chocolate over the banana.
- Place back in the freezer for at least 2 hours to the bananas to refreeze and the chocolate to set.
- When serving allow bananas to set at room temperature for about 10 minutes for best texture and taste.
Kara (Creations by Kara) says
I love chocolate covered bananas, but haven’t tried them with PB. Sounds delicious! And I need to get that white chocolate peanut butter. Yummo!
Gina Kleinworth says
Def a favorite treat in this house – YUM!!!!!
Frozen bananas are my favorite dessert EVER, but I feel like I’ve been missing out by never thinking to add peanut butter! Definitely looking forward to trying this ASAP!
White chocolate peanut butter? Yummmm! These look so good, I’m going to have to try them.
Aimee Berrett says
You HAVE to try the white chocolate peanut butter! Its so good!
Those look delicious – such a great idea to use up bananas that are starting to get too ripe.
Mrs Major Hoff says
Yum! They are so good, and I always forget about them. My boys need these after school! Thanks!
Lori Vachon says
I’ve never made chocolate covered frozen bananas before but I’m defintiely interested especially since there’s peanut butter involved! They look delish!
These look delicious! I cannot wait to make them!!!
Patricia Beals says
These look so good, gotta make them.