This Chocolate peanut butter bundt cake is the perfect cake for peanut butter cup lovers. It’s a delicious cake made with chocolate and peanut butter batters, and topped with a peanut butter, and chocolate ganache.
We are big fans of all thing peanut butter cup, and all things chocolate peanut butter, and this chocolate peanut butter bundt cake is the perfect cake for all chocolate and peanut butter lovers, like we are.
This amazing chocolate peanut butter bundt cake is the perfect cake with a mix of chocolate and peanut butter flavors throughout. It’s got two different cake batters, with a chocolate batter, and a peanut butter batter that are layered together and baked together. Then the cake is topped with both a creamy peanut butter ganache and a chocolate ganache. And then to top it off you add chopped up peanut butter cups.
Every year I try to make an amazing birthday cake for my different loved ones birthdays. One year I made a chocolate layer cake, for one birthday I made a banana cake with peanut butter frosting. This year I made this easy chocolate cake, and chocolate peanut butter bundt cake.
One year Nate made the best chocolate cake for me, with a peanut butter frosting, and it was one of the best cakes I’ve ever had in my life. Ever since then I’ve been trying to out do him, and make him the best birthday cake ever, and this chocolate peanut butter cake might be a winner. Nate loves all things chocolate and peanut butter, and especially Reese’s cups, so this cake was the perfect way to celebrate his day.
For this chocolate and peanut butter bundt cake I adapted this cake recipe from Betsy Life.
So like I said, basically this cake combines a chocolate and a peanut butter cake batter. The chocolate cake batter is thinner than the peanut butter batter, but don’t worry because they raise up the same and combine together well to make this cake.
Then the cake is topped with an amazing peanut butter ganache. The ganache uses peanut butter chips, heavy cream, and real peanut butter. The real peanut butter gives the ganache that perfect peanut butter taste. Then the cake is drizzled with a creamy chocolate ganache.
And since you can never have too much peanut butter and chocolate, I added some chopped up reeses cups on top too. That my friends is the recipe for a great cake!
So this cake is a bit messy to make, and takes a little bit more time than just a boxed cake mix, since there are two batters and two ganaches. But I promise the end result is so worth it!
If you love chocolate and peanut butter, like we do, then this is the perfect cake for you. I mean seriously, perfect.
Looking for more chocolate peanut butter recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
For the Chocolate Batter:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup + 2 TBS flour
- 1/2 cup +2 TBS cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup boiling water
For the Peanut Butter Batter:
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
For the Peanut Butter Ganache:
- 8 oz peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 4 oz milk chocolate chips
- 3 TBS heavy cream
- 6 regular sized reeses cups (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 inch bundt pan with nonstick spray and then sprinkle it with flour. Set aside.
For the chocolate batter:
- Cream together your sugar and oil in a large bowl.
- Mix in your egg, vanilla and milk.
- In a separate bowl combine your flour, cocoa powder. baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients while stirring until combined.
- Mix in your boiling water.
For the peanut butter batter:
- Cream together your butter, peanut butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix in your egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine your flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in 1/3 of your flour mixture until mixed. Followed by 1/3 of your milk. Alternate until everything is added.
For the cake:
- Pour some of the chocolate batter into the prepared bundy pan.
- Pour peanut butter batter over the chocolate batter.
- Continue alternating until both batters are completely used.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.
For the peanut butter ganache:
- Put your peanut butter chips, heavy cream and peanut butter into a double boiler.
- Heat over medium low heat stirring often until creamy and smooth.
- Pour over your cake.
- Allow to mostly harden before adding the chocolate ganache.
For the chocolate ganache:
- Combine your chocolate chips and heavy cream in a double boil.
- Heat over medium low heat, stirring often until creamy.
- Pour into a small ziplock bag and cut off a small piece of one corner.
- Drizzle over the cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped up reeses cups if desired.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake first posted on March 20, 2014. Photos updated on March 20, 2019.
Enjoy this chocolatey peanut butter goodness for a birthday or just any occasion!
If you like this, you’ll like these other desserts too!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mary Jane says
Can’t wait to make this for my birthday next week!!!
Question: in both ganache’s you call for the chips in oz, what is that using a dry ingredient measuring cup????…1/4 or 1/2 cup? Thanks.
Hi Mary! Happy early birthday. It should be about 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup of the pb chips.