Chocolate covered football strawberries are not only easy to make, they’re also delicious to eat and so cute for a football watching party!
Pin these chocolate covered strawberry footballs for later!
Chocolate covered strawberries are such a fun and delicious treat, I mean who doesn’t like chocolate covered fruit. You get the benefits of eating fruit, but with chocolate? Isn’t that how that works? 😉
Turning the chocolate covered strawberries into footballs is easy, and so cute! Even though I’m one of the worst people at decorating, you still get the idea right? And they turn out cute even if the lines aren’t totally straight.
You can either just do the shoe lace looking white lines (we’re getting super technical here 😉 )down the middle, or you can also do the top and bottom white lines that some footballs have.
- chocolate chips – milk chocolate, semi sweet, or dark chocolate chips should work
- coconut oil – to help make the chocolate smoother and easier for dipping
- strawberries – fresh, washed, and dried strawberries.
- white chocolate chips – for decorating the football laces onto the berries
How to make Football Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl or a microwave safe coffee mug. Microwave it on high for 30 seconds, then stir as much as you can. Then microwave the chocolate in additional 15 second increments until you can stir the chocolate totally smooth.
Holding the leaves of the strawberry, or with a toothpick stuck in the middle of the strawberry dip it into the melted chocolate, rotating it around to get all sides of the strawberry evenly in chocolate. Transfer the chocolate-dipped strawberries onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
In another bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in 20 second increments until you can stir it smooth. Allow the melted white chocolate to cool for a few minutes, because it will be easier to draw lines on the strawberries with it a little thicker. Transfer the white chocolate to a small ziplock bag or piping bag and snip off the tip of the corner of the bag.
Pipe a white line across the top of the strawberry, then across the bottom as straight as you can. Then pipe a small line down the middle and the side finger holds on the football.
Tips and Tricks:
- Wash the strawberries well to clean off any pesticides or bugs on them. Then make sure to dry them well with paper towels. Any extra moisture will cause the chocolate to seize.
- The chocolate can be melted in the microwave or in a double boiler if you prefer.
- Store the chocolate-covered strawberries at room temperature in a cool place. They are best served the same day as they are made, any longer than that they will start to release extra moisture and get too soft.
These football chocolate covered strawberries are such a fun dessert for game day football party. They would be so fun to serve up at a super bowl party, or for watching college football this fall.
Chocolate Covered Football Strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 TBS coconut oil
- 12-16 strawberries (washed and dried, not hulled)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe bowl or mug, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir and repeat in additional 15 second increments until chocolate is smooth.
- Holding the leaves, dip each strawberry into the chocolate rotating around to get all sides of the strawberry evenly.
- Allow excess chocolate to drip off for a few seconds and place on a sheet of parchment paper to set.
- Allow them to sit until chocolate is dry.
- In another bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in 20 second increments (about 1 minute total) until smooth.
- Pour the white chocolate into the corner of a small ziplock bag.
- Allow white chocolate to cool a bit, so it becomes a little thicker and easier to manuever.
- Snip just the tip of the corner of the bag off with scissors.
- Pipe line all the way across the top of the strawberry, then across the bottom.
- Pipe a line down the middle of the strawberry, not all the way to the end lines.
- Pipe small lines across the middle lines to make the shoe lace looking hand holds of the football.
- Allow to set on the parchment paper until the white chocolate is dry.
Super cute idea! And its fruit…it wipes out the calories of the chocolate! Win Win!
Sarah @Whole and Heavenly Oven says
Wait, only FOUR ingredients for these gorgeous strawberries?? I’m totally down. These would be so perfect for the Superbowl coming up!