How to decorate chocolate covered Oreos?
Top your chocolate covered with a variety of things to customize them for different occasions.
- chopped up peppermint candies
- mini m&ms
- chopped nuts (peanuts, pecans, cashews, walnuts, etc)
- shredded coconut
- drizzled candy melts
How to make white chocolate covered Oreos?
I love making these chocolate covered Oreos around the holidays. Package a few up in a cellophane bag and they’re the perfect little treat bags to give to your friends, and neighbors. Give some to your co-workers, or your kids will love sharing a bag with their teachers at school.
Looking for more Oreo Treats?
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Chocolate Covered Oreos
- 3 cups white chocolate chips or chocolate chips (or do half of each)
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 14.3 oz package oreos (36 oreos)
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until you can stir the chocolate smooth.
- Dip an Oreo into the chocolate and push down or flip over to cover both sides completely.
- Scoop the Oreo out using a fork and tap the side of the bowl with the fork to get extra chocolate to drip off.
- Place onto parchment paper to harden.
- Top with sprinkles, nuts, crushed candies, etc while chocolate is still wet.
- Allow chocolate to harden then drizzle melted candy melts or alternating chocolate onto the top.
- Allow to sit until chocolate is hardened.