Chocolate mint chip cookies are the best chewy and fudgy chocolate cookies packed full of green mint chips throughout!
If you are a fan of chocolate and mint together you will love these cookies! They’re the perfect rich and fudgey chocolatey cookie stuffed full of mint chips, for little bites of mint flavor throughout.
These cookies are amazing year round, but they’re extra fun for a St. Patrick’s Day themed treat with the green chips, or great for Christmas time because mint is so popular that time of year.
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick, softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups mint chips
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a large bowl for about 2 minutes, until light and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Dump in the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and stir together until everything is mixed.
- Fold in the mint chips.
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoonful onto a lined baked sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-9 minutes until they start to look crackly and down on the top.
- Allow cookies to sit on the cookie sheet for about 3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack, as they will continue to cook while on the pan.