These cookies and cream muddy buddies are crunchy chex cereal covered with white chocolate, milk chocolate, and crushed Oreo cookies. It’s such a fun twist on traditional muddy buddies.
If you have any extra Oreos (who am I kidding? You’ll probably have to buy extra Oreos just to make this 😉 ) these cookies and cream muddy buddies are the perfect way to use them. They’re delicious, kid friendly, easy to make – and did I mention delicious?
Muddy buddies might be my favorite snacky treat. They’re so delicious, and highly addictive. I love muddy buddies, from our cake batter muddy buddies, snickerdoodle muddy buddies, and smores muddy buddies to these amazing cookies and cream muddy buddies.
These cookies and cream muddy buddies have the great taste of Oreos and a cookies and cream candy bar. They are made with both white chocolate and chocolate, and coated in powdered sugar mixed with Oreo crumbs, to get that delicious chocolatey Oreo cookie taste in every biteful.
How to make Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies?
To make these cookies and cream muddy buddies, you’ll need chex cereal, white chocolate chips, chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips, but semi sweet, or dark chocolate chips work too), Oreo cookies, and powdered sugar. That’s it, only 5 ingredients.
You’ll first separate your Chex cereal into two different large bowls. One will be for the white chocolate, one will be for the regular chocolate. But first you’ll need to crush your Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. You can use a food processor, or hammer them yourself in a ziplock bag. Once that’s done, divide the Oreo crumbs into two separate bags, and add half the powdered sugar into each bag. It helps to have this all done before you melt the chocolate so you can move quickly.
In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips. Melt them for 30 seconds, then stir, then in 15 second increments till they are nice and creamy. Then pour the melted chocolate over the Chex in one of your bowls. Stir it all together till the cereal is evenly coated. Then pour the chocolate coated Chex cereal into one of your prepared bags, and seal the bag and shake it all up to coat the cereal with the cookie crumbs and powdered sugar. Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with some parchment paper and let it sit till the chocolate is set.
Repeat with the white chocolate chips. Then mix them all together in a giant bowl add in some chopped up Oreos and enjoy one of the best treats you’ve ever eaten. You’re welcome.
This delicious cookies and cream muddy buddies is ready in only about 10 minutes, and you could probably eat the whole bowl in that time too – it really is that good. It’s a perfect crunchy, sweet, snackable treat – that you’ll keep going back for one handful after another.
These cookies and cream muddy buddies are such a quick, and delicious snack treat that everyone will love! They have the perfect crunch, the perfect chocolate and Oreo flavor, and so much yum!
Looking for more cookies and cream recipes?
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Oreo Cake by Liv for Cake
- Oreo Frosting on House of Nash Eats
- Oreo Cheesecake from Life Love and Sugar
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 12 Oreo cookies (divided)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 cups chex cereal (divided)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Separate the Chex cereal into two large bowls, with three cups of cereal in each bowl.
- Crush 8 of the Oreo cookies with a food processor, or by placing them in a ziplock bag and hammering them with a mallet or rolling pin, till you have a fine crumb.
- Put half of the Oreo cookie crumbs into one ziplock bag, put the other half into another bag.
- Chop up the rest of your Oreos, and set them aside.
- Put 1/4 cup of powdered sugar into each of the ziplock bags.
- Put the chocolate chips into a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then in 15 second increments stirring after each until melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate over one of the bowls of cereal and stir to coat the cereal evenly.
- Pour the cereal into one of the ziplock bags and shake to coat the cereal evenly with the powdered sugar Oreo crumb mixture.
- Pour cereal out onto half of a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Put the white chips into a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then in 15 second increments stirring after each until melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over one of the bowls of cereal and stir to coat the cereal evenly.
- Pour the coated cereal into one of the ziplock bags and shake to coat the cereal evenly with the powdered sugar Oreo crumb mixture.
- Pour cereal out onto the other half of the baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Let cereal sit for 10 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
- Add muddy buddies to a bowl and stir together with remaining chopped Oreos and enjoy.