This pumpkin skillet cookie is a thick and gooey pumpkin cookie, served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s a perfect warm fall dessert!
This giant pumpkin cookie is served up warm in a cast iron skillet. It’s a giant, chewy, and gooey pumpkin cookie loaded full of chocolate chips. It’s the ultimate fall dessert, perfect for a cold day! It’s a great size for 2-4 people.
This pumpkin skillet cookie comes together in just a few minutes, bakes in just a few more, and then you don’t even need to wait for it to cool down. It’s best served straight out of the oven, topped with a couple scoops of ice cream. You won’t be able to stop at one bite.
It’s a delicious dessert even without the ice cream. You can also let it cool and slice it into small pieces.
Ingredients Needed to make Pumpkin Skillet Cookie:
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- pumpkin puree
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- pumpkin pie spice
- chocolate chips
How to make a Pumpkin Skillet Cookie?
This is made like most other cookie recipes, but instead of rolling it out into cookie balls, you just press it all into a skillet.
Start by creaming together melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Then add in the vanilla and pumpkin puree. Add in all the dry ingredients until you have a nice soft pumpkinny cookie dough.
Then fold in the chocolate chips, and press it all into the prepared skillet. Bake it up until the edges are golden. Top it with ice cream and enjoy!
Tips for making a Pumpkin Skillet Cookie:
- Instead of loading your cookie with chocolate chips, it would also be delicious with white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, cinnamon, etc.
- Don’t overbake this dessert, you want the edges to be golden brown and crispy, but the middle is slightly under baked, soft and gooey.
- Drizzle it with some chocolate or caramel syrup.
- If you have any leftovers (only possible if you don’t add ice cream on top of the whole thing) you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 4 days.
This pumpkin skillet cookie is the perfect warm pumpkin dessert. It’s lightly pumpkinny, perfectly pumpkin spiced, gooey, and delicious!
More Pumpkin Cookie Recipes:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Connect With Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Skillet Cookie
- 6 TBS unsalted butter (melted and slightly cooled)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup pumpkin puree
- 1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8 inch skillet with non stick spray, and set it aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a small bowl, mix for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree. Stir until just combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir them into the wet ingredients to make a soft dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared skillet.
- Bake the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for about 12-16 minutes or until the cookie starts to turn golden on the edges.
- Let it cool for about 2 minutes, then top with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream and enjoy while hot!
This pumpkin skillet cookies was first posted on November 24, 2014. The photos and text were updated for clarity on October 7, 2022.
This pumpkin spice skillet cookie was originally made in partnership with Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertisers. All opinions are mine alone.