Peanut Butter Pie is a delicious no bake dessert, with an oreo crust, and creamy peanut butter filling, all topped with a rich chocolate ganache and peanut butter cups.
This peanut butter pie is perfection. Chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite flavor combination and they come together amazingly in this delicious pie. With a chocolate oreo crust, peanut butter filling, and more chocolate on top with a rich homemade ganache. Top it with chopped up peanut butter cups if you want, for the ultimate peanut butter and chocolate lovers dessert.
This pie is no bake, so no matter the occasion for making this, whether its for a birthday party, Thanksgiving dessert, or just because you want to, its easy to make and only takes about 20 minutes of prep work, and a couple hours of chill time.
I made this pie for Thanksgiving this last year. We had so many pies it was ridiculous, pumpkin pie, caramel banana cream pie, oreo cream, triple berry, cheesecake – I mean, we had a pie per person! If I’m being honest with you though, I think this peanut butter cup pie was my favorite of all.
It can be frozen or refridgerated. The oreo crust is a little harder to slice when frozen, but the peanut butter filling still stays pretty soft, and the ganache does too! I like it both frozen and fridge temperature, so you can see which you like better for yourself too!
But, I will warn you, this pie is rich. So rich that you’ll only want to eat about half a slice (as pictured – or less) at a time. But, my friends, its super worth it. And I promise you’ll love it!
Peanut Butter Pie
- 39 Oreo cookies (1 14.3 package)
- 6 TBS butter (melted)
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cool whip (thawed - fridge temperature)
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- peanut butter cups (any size, chopped, for topping)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Place Oreos into a food processor and blend until its a fine crumb (or crush with a food hammer)
- Mix Oreo crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Pour into a greased 9 or 10in pie pan and press the mixture down evenly into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Place crust into the fridge until ready to use.
For the Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and cream cheese with a mixer, until well blended. Stir in the powdered sugar.
- Fold the cool whip into the mixture until all mixed in and creamy.
- Spread mixture into the prepared crust and place back into the fridge till needed.
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Heat the heavy cream in the microwave for about 1 minute until hot.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for about 2-3 minutes. Whisk together till smooth and creamy.
- Allow mixture to set for about 5 minutes.
- Pour chocolate ganache over the peanut butter layer.
- Arrange chopped peanut butter cups all around the edges of the pie, or the entire top, however you want.
- Cover the pie carefully with foil and return to the fridge or freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Slice when ready and serve. (If removing pie from the freezer, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to make slicing easier)
- Cover any leftovers and store in fridge or freezer.
Photos and Post Updated: 11/27/17