A quick homemade garlic Parmesan sauce, grilled chicken, topped it with crumbled bacon, all on a pretzel bun and toasted sandwich.
I was really excited when I heard about the new Pizza Hut Flavor of Now menu, with many great bold new flavors to add to their classic menu; starting with 5 new toppings, new sauces, 8 different crust flavors and 4 drizzles to top it off.
I’ve been intrigued by all their new pizza flavors and one that stood out to me was the Pretzel Piggy. So I decided to make a sandwich out of some of the same flavors of that pizza. The Pretzel Piggy sandwich has a creamy garlic parmesan sauce, smoked bacon, fresh mushrooms and fresh spinach all on their pretzel crust flavor, with a balsamic sauce drizzle. So I took some of those great flavors and made a garlic parmesan chicken and bacon sandwich.
For my sandwich I made a quick homemade garlic parmesan sauce to cover my grilled chicken, topped it with crumbled bacon, all on a pretzel bun and toasted. Then I added fresh spinach to it. It was mmm mmm delicious. The combination of flavors was just perfect, with the salty pretzel bun, garlic parmesan sauce, crispy bacon bits and the fresh spinach was the perfect topper with the slight crunch it added.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
- 3/8 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 4 pretzel buns
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine your Parmesan , Italian seasonings, cream and garlic in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring regularly till thickened.
- Mix your chicken into your sauce.
- Divide your chicken onto your 4 pretzel buns.
- Top the chicken with your crumbled bacon.
- Place top half of pretzel bun on top.
- Place sandwiches in oven and toast for about 5 minutes.
- Add fresh spinach to each sandwich and enjoy.
I can’t wait to try the real Pretzel Piggy Pizza at Pizza Hut and even more of their other delicious new menu items.
What new Pizza Hut toppings or menu items would you like to try?
More premium ingredients. Bold new sauces. Exciting flavor enhancers. Great on their own, mind-blowing combined. Visit pizzahut.com/favorofnow to check them out!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pizza Hut. The opinions and text are all mine.