These graveyard pudding cups are adorable cups of brownies, chocolate pudding, and Oreo crumbs decorated to be so cute for Halloween!
These graveyard pudding cups are so easy to make, with only a few ingredients, and they take only a few minutes to actually put them together.
These cups are a classic Halloween dessert, with individual cups of brownies, pudding, and chocolate cookie crumbs topped with adorable cookie tombstones and candy pumpkins.
These Halloween pudding cups would be so fun to serve up as an after school treat, or at a Halloween party!
How to make Graveyard Pudding Cups?
Start by preparing each of your layers. You’ll need brownies, chocolate pudding, Oreo crumbs, and Milano tombstones.
For the brownie layer I usually just use a box mix of brownies and prepare it according to the package directions. Bake the brownies up in a 9×13 pan until they are done (when a toothpick comes out clean). Then let them cool completely before chopping them up into bite sized pieces.
For the pudding layer, I just whipped together a box of instant chocolate pudding mix with cold milk according to the directions on the box.
Scoop some premade chocolate frosting into a small ziplock bag. Snip the tip of the bag off and pipe letters onto the Milano cookies.
Now we’re ready for assembly. I used these small 9 oz cups. Start by filling the cup about half way full with brownie pieces. Then top each cup evenly with the chocolate pudding. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs evenly over the top of the pudding. Then put the tombstone cookies into each cup. Add two candy pumpkins to each cup, and pipe additional green frosting around the pumpkins to represent the pumpkin vines.
These are ready to serve immediately, or chill them in the fridge for a couple hours before serving.
Tips for making Graveyard Pudding Cups:
- You can choose to use a box of brownie mix prepared at home, store bought brownies, or your favorite homemade brownie recipe.
- You can also choose to make homemade chocolate pudding, instead of using a mix.
- Instead of one layer of brownies and one layer of pudding, you can also alternate two thinner layers of each in each of the cups.
- If you want to make these pudding cups ahead of time, you can make the Milano tombstones ahead of time as well, but don’t add them to the cups until you are ready to serve to prevent the cookie from going too soft. These cups can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
- You could also add some gummy worms or candy bones to the top of the “dirt” crumbs to be extra cute.
- Instead of making individual pudding cups you could also layer the dessert in a trifle cup, or a 9×9 or 9×13 baking pan. Spread the pumpkins and tombstones around the top of the dessert.
These chocolatey cups are such a cute and delicious dessert. They’re perfect for Halloween, for a school party, costume party, movie night, or just a cute treat!
More easy Halloween desserts:
- Halloween Popcorn Balls
- Witch Hat Cookies
- Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- Monster Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween S’mores Pops
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Graveyard Pudding Cups
For the Brownie Layer:
- 18 oz brownie mix
- eggs, oil, and water (as called for on brownie mix)
For the Pudding Layer:
- 5.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
For Oreo Layer:
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 8 Milano Cookies
- chocolate frosting
- green frosting
- 16 pumpkin candies
For the Brownie Layer:
- Preheat the oven as called for on the brownie mix. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper, and set it aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix with eggs, oil, and water as called for on the box.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan, and bake the brownies according to the package directions, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Set the pan aside to let the brownies cool completely.
- Cut half the brownies out of the pan (Set aside the other half for another time, or just enjoy eating them).
- Cut the brownies into small 1/2 sized pieces. Set aside until needed.
For the Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- Add the pudding mix and milk to a large bowl and stir them together for 2 minutes. Let the pudding sit aside for at least 5 minutes, or until needed.
For the Oreo Layer:
- Crush the Oreos into fine crumbs in a food processor, or in a ziplock bag with a rolling pin or mallet.
- Add a few brownie pieces to the bottom of each cup, filling them each about half way to the top.
- Divide the pudding evenly between each cup.
- Spoon the Oreo crumbs evenly over the top of the pudding in each cup.
- Spoon chocolate frosting into a small zip-top bag and cut off a small corner of the bag.
- Pipe BOO, or RIP onto the top half of each of the Milano Cookies.
- Place one cookie "tombstone" in each pudding cup.
- Add two or three candy pumpkins to each cup.
- Add the green frosting to a small zip-top bag and cut off a small corner of the bag.
- Pipe green vines coming out of the pumpkins on the "dirt" crumbs.
- Serve immediately, or place the cups in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.