Greek gyro lamb burgers have the same great flavors of a gyro in burger form. With a perfectly seasoned grilled lamb burger topped with homemade tzatziki sauce.
Have you ever tried a Greek gyro? This Greek gyro lamb burger is a fun and delicious twist on the traditional gyro,. Instead of a pita you’ve got a bun and instead of slow roasted meat from a spit, ground lamb made into a flavorful burger patty.
These flavorful burgers are made with Australian ground lamb, seasoned with oregano, salt and pepper, garlic, olive oil and Worcestershire sauce. Top the patty with lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onions a homemade cool and creamy tzatziki sauce.
Aussie Grassfed Lamb is high quality, and delicious. Its 100% grass-fed, with no hormones, antibiotics or GMO’s. Lamb is a perfect high protein option, and is a great source of iron and zinc.
This burger is made in just a few minutes, cooked up on the grill, for a perfectly easy and delicious dinner. This is one of my most favorite burgers ever now!
I recommend cooking your burgers in a Big Green Egg. I am obsessed with mine and we have used it dozens of times for many different types of recipes, like these amazing burgers in the month that we’ve owned it.
You can enter to win your own Big Green Egg too, sponsored by True Aussie Beef and Lamb. Make sure to scroll through and let them know that we sent you from Like Mother, Like Daughter and Good Luck!!
Greek Gyro Lamb Burgers
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBS dried dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the Burger Patty:
- 1 pound ground Aussie lamb grass fed ground beef can be subbed
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
For the Burger:
- 3-4 buns
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 1 to mato sliced
- Mix together greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, dill, and salt and pepper for tzatziki sauce in a medium sized bowl.
- Cover and place in the fridge till needed.
- Combine the ingredients for the burgers in a large bowl. Mix well with your hands until ingredients are all blended together well.
- Divide meat into 3 1/3 pound or 4 1/4 pound burgers.
- Flatten into burger patties.
- Fill Large Big Green Egg with charcoal, use fire starter to preheat. Ours was heated to about 550 degrees**
- Cook on one side for 3-4 minutes for medium burgers.
- Flip and cook for the same amount of side on the second side.
- Toast buns.
- Open bun and place lettuce, tomato, burger patty, a spoonful of tzatziki sauce, and 2 slices of red onion and top with bun.
Michael Hindman says
These burgers were a hit with everybody including the grandkids!
Pamela Smith says
Where can i buy the Aussie grass feed lamb? I live in Florida between Gaineville and Ocala we have Publix, Winn Dixie, A ldis, Trade Joes and Harveys also Walmart.Do an of them carry it.
In my area I can buy it at Whole Foods or Costco. You can check here to see what stores carry it near you! https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/where-to-buy/ (But any lamb can work too 😉 )
Oh boy ! I’m with you all the way !