- ground chicken
- minced garlic
- ground oregano
- ground paprika
- flour tortillas
- your choice of toppings
How to make Greek Tacos?
- Add the chicken to a large pan and cook it over medium high heat until the chicken is almost cooked through. Break it up into small pieces as you cook it up.
- Add in the minced garlic, and continue to cook until the garlic is fragrant and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add in the oregano, paprika, and salt and and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve the cooked chicken on flour or corn tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Greek Chicken Taco Topping Ideas:
- English cucumbers
- red onion
- red cabbage
- Kalamata olives
- feta cheese
- tzatziki sauce
- plain Greek yogurt
- fresh dill
- fresh lemon juice
Tips and Tricks:
- Substitute ground turkey or ground lamb for the ground chicken as called for in the recipe, if desired.
- Add 1/2 cup of tomato sauce to the chicken when you add the seasonings for a delicious tomato flavor, cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Swap the flour tortillas for pitas for a more authentic flavor.
- Customize your taco with your choice of toppings, but I definitely recommend not skipping the tzatziki sauce, feta, cucumbers, and tomatoes, those are my favorite.
More greek recipes:
- Gyro Lamb Burgers
- Chicken and Hummus Flatbread
- Red Pepper Hummus
- Tzatziki Sauce (from Love and Lemons)
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Greek Chicken Tacos
For Taco Filling:
- 1 lb ground chicken (can substitute ground turkey, or ground lamb)
- 1/2 TBS minced garlic
- 1/2 TBS ground oregano
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
For Serving Greek Tacos:
- 8 flour tortillas (or pitas)
- 3/4 cup tzatziki sauce
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lemon (squeeze juice on tacos)
- Add chicken to a large skillet, and cook over medium high, breaking it into chunks, and cooking until the chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Add in the garlic and cook until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Add in the oregano, paprika, and salt, and continue to cook for another minute or two.
- Spread chicken into the middle of a tortilla, with your choice of toppings.
These Greek Tacos were first posted on October 7, 2010. The photos and text were updated for clarity on July 29, 2022.