1 lb ground chicken (I just used chicken breasts and cut them up into small pieces)
1 and 1/2 tsp oregano
1 and 1/2 tsp paprika
1 and 1/2 tsp finely minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups shredded romain lettuce
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup diced cucumbers
3/4 cup plain lowfat yogurt (I found and used greek yogurt)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Add chicken, oregano, paprika, garlic and salt to a nonstick skillet.
2. Heat over medium-high heat.
3. Cook, breaking up chunks, until cooked through.
4. Split your pitas and warm them in the microwave
5. Top split pitas with 1/4 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup chicken, 2 Tbsp tomato, 2 Tbsp cucumber, 1 and 1/2 Tbsp yogurt, and 1 Tbsp feta. Fold in half to eat. (You can put whatever amounts of each thing, to taste. However much you like)
This was such a quick and easy recipe and tasted great too. I learned that I don’t really like feta because its too strong, but the “tacos” still tasted good. We didn’t eat it with tomatoes either, cause neither of us like them.
This blog contains affiliate links. We include these links to help you find products that we love and use in our recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on Like Mother Like Daughter, we will receive a small percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you. Like Mother Like Daughter is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com