This holiday ham is covered in a perfect honey mustard ham glaze. It’s a tender moist ham, with the perfect crispy edges, covered in a tangy, sweet, and salty glaze that everyone will love!
A couple years ago we posted our amazing Maple Glazed Ham recipe, that is the perfect Easter ham. This honey mustard ham is another fantastic holiday ham recipe. It’s perfect for Easter dinner, Thanksgiving dinner, or Christmas dinner. But let me tell you a secret, it’s easy enough and tasty enough you’ll want to make it every Sunday for dinner, and not just for the holidays.
This honey mustard ham is coated in the best honey mustard ham glaze that is only 4 ingredients. That means you literally only need 5 ingredients and you’ve got a delicious Easter ham dinner ready to go.
This amazing glaze is a little sweet, a little salty, a little spicy, and gives your ham the perfect caramelized crusted edges.
How to Make Honey Mustard Ham Glaze?
Add honey, whole grain mustard, dijon mustard, and brown sugar to a small sauce and heat over medium high heat. Whisk the ingredients together, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat once the mixture is boiling and allow to simmer until the glaze starts to thicken, about 8 to 10 minutes total.
How to Make Honey Mustard Ham?
Heat your oven to 325 degrees. Pour water into the bottom of a roasting pan with a roasting rack (if you don’t have a roasting rack, or pan, don’t add any water, just bake the ham on a cookie sheet or other baking sheet.) Cover the ham in foil and place it on the roasting rack (or just straight on the baking pan if you don’t have a roasting rack. Bake the ham for about 2 hours.
Remove the ham from the oven and remove the foil. Brush the ham all over with the prepared glaze. Make sure to brush in between slices. Return the ham to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes. Spread another layer of the glaze on the ham and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the edges are caramelized. Remove the ham from the oven and brush a final time with the glaze. Let them ham rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing all the way and serving.
This honey mustard ham is my new favorite. It’s bursting full of flavor in every bite. I’ve made it so many times for my family because it’s so easy and so delicious! Even my little boys gobble it up!
Looking for more Holiday Ham Recipes?
- Maple Glazed Ham
- Honey Baked Ham Copycat (on Dinner then Dessert)
- Slow Cooker Ham (on Dinner at the Zoo)
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Honey Mustard Ham
- 8-12 pound spiral cut, bone in, ham
- 2 cups water
Honey Mustard Glaze:
- 1 cup honey
- 4 TBS whole grain mustard
- 2 TBS dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the bottom of a roasting pan with a roasting rack (If you don't have one, skip this step)
- Cover ham in foil and place on the roasting rack. (Or directly on a baking pan if you don't have one)
- Bake for about 2 hours.
- Put all the ingredients for the honey mustard glaze in a small sauce pan and whisk together.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Lower the heat and bring to a simmer, stirring often until thickened a little, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and remove the foil.
- Brush ham all over with honey mustard glaze. Make sure to brush in between slices.
- Return ham to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes. Spread glaze all over ham again.
- Bake ham for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the ham from oven and brush a final time with the glaze.
- Let ham rest for about 10 minutes before serving.