This maple brown sugar glazed ham is coated in a sweet brown sugar and maple ham glaze, that carmelizes on the edges of the ham. It’s perfect for a special dinner, or a holiday dinner!
This maple and brown sugar glazed ham is the perfect way to make a ham special. It’s coated in a sweet seasoned glaze that is made up of pure maple syrup, brown sugar, mustard, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. It may be my favorite ham glaze ever.
It comes together to be a super sweet and flavorful sticky glaze that just caramelizes onto the edges of the ham, giving the perfect bit of crunch on the edges, and the perfect sweetness throughout.
This ham is the best for your holiday dinner menu, and here’s why:
- Ham is so easy to make, since it’s already cooked and we just need to heat it up.
- It’s got the best sweet, glaze that everyone will love!
- It makes the best centerpiece to your special dinner, without a lot of effort!
What to serve with Maple Glazed Ham?
This ham is the perfect showstopper of a dish, its delicious, sweet and packed full of flavor. To make the meal even more special serve it with some tasty side dishes, like these:
- Best Dinner Rolls
- Potato Rolls
- Sweet Glazed Carrots
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Mashed Potatoes
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Deviled Eggs
- Winter Fruit Salad
- Rainbow Fruit Salad
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Asparagus
What do you like to serve with ham? My favorite’s are definitely some side of potatoes and rolls!
How to make Brown Sugar Maple Glazed Ham?
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour 2 cups of water into the bottom of a roasting pan with a roasting rack. (If you don’t have one you can bake the ham on a cookie sheet.) Cover the ham in foil and place it on the roasting rack or baking pan. Bake the ham for about 2 hours.
Add all the ingredients for the maple brown sugar glaze to a medium sauce pan and whisk them together. Heat the glaze up over medium high heat, and bring it to a boil. Once the glaze is boiling, lower the heat and simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, stirring often until it starts to thicken.
Remove the ham from the oven, and remove the foil. Brush the ham all over with the glaze (using about half of it), making sure to get glaze in between the slices. Return the ham to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes, until the edges are nice and caramelized. Remove the ham from the oven and brush it all over again with more glaze. Let the ham rest for about 10 minutes, then serve it up.
How to make Ham in the slow cooker?
Since most hams come fully baked, all you have to do is heat it up thoroughly to eat it. This ham can even be made in the slow cooker. To make this ham in the slow cooker, you will place the ham in a 6 quart (or larger) crockpot.
Make the glaze for the ham now instead of later. You will combine all the glaze ingredients in a medium sauce pan on the stove top till it is well mixed and the sugar is completely dissolved.
Then you’ll pour the glaze over the ham, trying to cover the ham as much as possible. Cook it on low for 4 to 5 hours until the ham is hot throughout and reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees.
About 3-4 times throughout the cooking, re-baste the ham with the sweet maple glaze. This will keep the ham nice and moist and make sure to coat every piece of it in that delicious glaze. As you baste it spread the slices apart to allow the glaze to go in between them.
How to use leftover ham?
If you have any ham leftover, we usually do, here are some yummy ideas to use it up and make sure it doesn’t go to waste!
- Ham Sandwiches
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Ham and Potato Chowder
- White Bean and Ham Soup
- Ham Fried Rice
- Proscuitto Piselli Pasta (or sub ham for bacon in some Spaghetti Carbonara)
- Diced up in an Omelet
- Sub ham for the bacon in this Breakfast Casserole
This maple glazed ham is perfect for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any day you want to make dinner a little more special (without a lot of work).
Looking for more Holiday Dinner Recipes?
- Honey Mustard Ham
- Cranberry Dijon Glazed Ham on The Food Charlatan
- How to Cook the Perfect Turkey on Eazy Peazy Mealz
- Prime Rib Roast on Self Proclaimed Foodie
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Maple Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
- 8-12 pound spiral sliced ham
For the Maple Brown Sugar Glaze:
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBS yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the bottom of a roasting pan with a roasting rack (If you don't have one, skip this step)
- Cover ham in foil and place on the roasting rack.
- Bake for about 2 hours.
- Put all the ingredients for the glaze into a medium sauce pan and whisk together.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Lower heat, and bring to a simmer stirring often until thickened a little, about 10 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven and remove foil.
- Brush ham all over with glaze. Make sure to brush in between slices.
- Return ham to oven and bake for another 30 minutes, until edges are caramelized.
- Remove ham from oven and brush again with glaze.
- Let rest for 10 - 15 minutes before serving.
Everything you need for the perfect Easter dinner, from the ham, to cheesy potatoes, rolls, and don’t forget the carrot cake! Make sure to grab a nice table cloth and a couple cute decorations for your table too.