This microwave caramel fudge is so easy to make! It’s only 4 ingredients, a few minutes to make, and you have a delicious creamy, smooth, caramel fudge!
I love homemade fudge this time of year. Who knows why I don’t make it all year long, I’d love it all year long too 😉 But this caramel fudge is the perfect homemade fudge recipe. It’s so simple, so easy, and only 4 ingredients!
It’s perfect for this time of year so you’ve got a delicious Christmas treat without a lot of effort. It only takes about 5 minutes of working time (a little longer to let it chill) and then you’ll be enjoying this silky smooth caramel fudge.
This fudge can be a caramel fudge or called dulce de leche fudge. It’s made with a can of dulce de leche (you can make your own too) which gives it the perfect, sweet, caramel flavor.
I also sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top of this fudge, because who doesn’t love salted caramel? It adds the perfect light saltiness to this fudge, and brings out the caramel flavor too!
How to make Caramel Fudge?
This caramel fudge is another microwave fudge recipe, which means it’s so simple and easy and only takes a couple minutes time in the microwave.
Add the white chocolate and dulce de leche to a medium to large microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring a lot after each one, until you can stir it smooth.
When you’re almost done stirring, add in the salt and vanilla and stir it into the mixture, then pour it into a square baking pan and smooth out the top. Sprinkle some flaky sea salt over the top and place it in the fridge to chill.
How to make Caramel Fudge on the stove?
You can also make caramel fudge on the stove top. Add the dulce de leche, and white chocolate to a medium sauce pan and cook it over low heat, stirring it all together until the white chocolate is completely melted.
Remove it from heat and stir in the salt and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into a lined square baking pan and smooth the top out evenly. Then place it in the fridge to chill until hard enough to slice.
Tips for making Caramel Fudge:
- You can use chopped white chocolate bars, white chocolate baking melts, or white chocolate chips in this fudge. Just make sure it’s a high quality chocolate, so if you’re using chips go for Ghiradelli or Guittard.
- Add chopped pecans to the fudge mixture, or right on top for a yummy crunch.
- Top the caramel fudge with flaky sea salt for a little texture and a little extra salt. (The sea salt will start to soften as the fudge sits in the fridge, but the fudge is soft enough you can also add it when serving.)
How to store Caramel Fudge?
Store this caramel fudge in an airtight container in the fridge to help it hold its shape. It should stay good in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The fridge should keep it soft enough to eat, but not too soft that it starts to melt. It’s naturally a soft fudge, so it keeps the best texture in the fridge, and can be eaten straight from the fridge.
Can Caramel Fudge be frozen?
You can also freeze this caramel fudge. You can freeze it in one big slab, or in individual pieces. Wrap the fudge tightly in plastic wrap then place it inside a freezer safe ziplock bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you want to thaw the fudge, place it in the fridge, until soft enough to enjoy.
This caramel fudge is smooth, creamy, with the perfect buttery caramel taste. It’s a great holiday treat, that is easy to make, and delicious to eat. Plate it up for a party, or package it up to give as an edible holiday gift.
More microwave fudge recipes:
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
- 14 oz dulce de leche
- 12 oz high quality white chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- flaky sea salt (optional)
- Line a 8 or 9inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Add the dulce de leche and white chocolate to a large microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir it as much as you can.
- Microwave in additional 20 second increments, stirring for about 20 seconds after each time to get it totally smooth (so you don't over heat it).
- Stir in the vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan, and smooth out the top evenly.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt on top of the fudge if desired.
- Place fudge in the fridge until set, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Carefully remove the fudge and cut it into pieces when ready to serve.
- Store any extra fudge in the refrigerator in a zip top bag or airtight container with a lid.