Mint Oreo Truffles are delicious 3 ingredient oreo balls made with cool mint Oreos for a sweet chocolate and mint treat!
Oreo truffles are one of my favorite easy treats, with only 3 ingredients, they are an easy and delicious no bake treat. All you need to make them is Oreo cookies, cream cheese and chocolate, and in this case cool mint Oreo cookies. You blend up the mint Oreo cookies and a little cream cheese till you have a nice thick mixture. Scoop and roll them into balls, freeze them to make the dipping easier and dip them in chocolate. You can top them with sprinkles or green candy melts to make them extra fun!
I love chocolate and mint together, so these are the perfect little treat! Mint chocolate is fun all year long, but the green color of the creme in these Oreo cookies reminds me of St. Patrick’s Day so that’s my favorite time of year to make them! But I think you’ll love them so much you’ll want them all year. 😉
For most oreo balls recipes you’ll use a whole block of cream cheese, but since these Oreo cookies have a thicker creme filling than standard Oreos you won’t need as much. I only use 6 ounces.
I use any of my favorite chocolate chip brands to dip the balls into the chocolate, my favorite is Guittard milk chocolate chips, but semi sweet, or white chocolate would work great too! Some people have issues melting chocolate chips, but I’ve never had any problems. For even easier dipping though you can use chocolate, vanilla, or colored candy melts too! Or find a good dipping chocolate!
I like to eat these cold and because of the cream cheese you’ll need to store them in the fridge or freezer anyway! They’re perfect little bite sized treats, so maybe if you keep them in the freezer you’ll have better restraint than I do and you can enjoy a treat or two every once in a while when you’re craving something sweet! They should stay good in the fridge for 5-6 days, and in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Mint Oreo Truffles
- 15.25 oz package Mint Creme Oreo Cookies
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- green sprinkles (optional)
- Crush your Mint Oreo cookies into a fine crumb (using a blender or food processor is easiest)
- Add in your cream cheese to the bowl, or blender and blend up till mixture is smooth.
- Roll mixture into small balls and place on a cookie sheet. (I got about 50 balls, because I like them a little smaller than some!)
- Put cookie sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Carefully melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until smooth.
- Carefully dip the balls into the chocolate using a fork (not piercing) or a toothpick stuck into the side of the ball. Cover with chocolate completely and tap on the side to get excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper.
- Sprinkle tops with sprinkles, or drizzle with candy melts.
- Allow to set. (Place in the fridge to set in about 15 minutes)
- Store extras in a ziplock bag (or airtight container) in the fridge for 5-6 days.
A nice easy one for me, thanks