These Pilgrims hat cookies are such an easy and cute Thanksgiving treat. They’re easy enough to let everyone make their own.
These little cookies are perfect for Thanksgiving, because well they’re shaped like men’s pilgrim hats, but they’re also delicious and they’re easy too! They would be the perfect to have the kids assemble them to keep them distracted while the food is being prepared. So if you need a last minute treat, or activity for the kids – I just know you and the kids will love these cookies!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a fabulous day, enjoying lots of delicious food, enjoying time with family or friends and remembering all you have to be grateful for. A couple weeks ago I shared these cute Pilgrim Hat Cookies over at SomewhatSimple.com and I wanted to share them with you today in case you need a last minute treat.
These cookies are made with only 4 ingredients, some fudge striped cookies, reeses cups, candy corn, and frosting, for a tasty peanut butter and chocolate treat!
This is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need for this cute Pilgrim Hat Cookies Recipe. Specific measurements and full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
- Fudge Striped Cookies
- Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Frosting – I like using an orange frosting for a fun color.
- Candy Corn
How to make Pilgrim Hat Cookies?
Make a homemade frosting or buy a can of vanilla frosting, or cream cheese frosting from the grocery store. Tint your frosting with red and yellow food coloring to make it an orange color. Transfer the frosting into a ziplock bag or a piping bag and snip a small hole in the corner of the bag.
Place fudge stripe cookies upside down on your work surface so the chocolate side is facing up. Then spread a generous amount of frosting around the center of the cookie. Place a reese’s cup onto the frosting, squishing it down just a little so the frosting comes out and makes a rim around the edge of the peanut butter cup. Then repeat with additional cookies, cups, and frosting.
Cut the yellow top off your candy corn candies, and place them onto the front of the Reese cup.
Tips and Tricks:
- Instead of Fudge Stripe Cookies you could use chocolate Oreo cookies for the base.
- Instead of candy corn pieces, try a colored m&m or reese’s pieces candy for the buckle on the hat.
These pilgrim cookies are a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving. They’re so much fun to let the little ones help you decorate, and a perfect easy thanksgiving cookie.
More Thanksgiving Desserts:
- Decorated Turkey Cookies
- Pretzel Rolo Turkey Candy
- Berry Pie
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Pilgrim Hat Cookies
- 1 19.75 oz package Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures
- candy corn
- 1/2 cup orange frosting
- 11.5 oz package fudge striped cookies
- Unwrap the Reeses Cups, and set them aside.
- Cut the yellow top of your candy corn pieces, and set them aside. You can use the orange/white portions for later, or discard.
- Scoop the frosting into a ziplock bag or piping bag with a round tip attached.
- Squeeze orange frosting onto the top of a Reese's cup.
- Place the Reese's cup upside down onto the center of a Fudge Stripe cookie.
- Place a yellow candy corn piece into the frosting for the hat's buckle.
- Let the frosting set, or enjoy the cookies immediately.
These Pilgrim Hat cookies were first posted on November 27, 2014. The photos and text were updated for clarity on November 2, 2022.
Roni Marshall says
Easy Thanksgiving cookie recipes, happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, love all the recipes